While clicking camera makes a small sound and it is not focusing.
Following stepd down
1. Battery removed fully charged and tryed no luck (Battery Original)
2. Lense contact cleaned by alcohol
3. several time pressed bottom reset button
4. SD card formated and several time inserted and released and tested no joy
Try this. I own two D50's.
Move the settings to manual on the dial and the lens.
Take out the lens
Take two pictures.
Replace the lens.
Move to automatic position on the dial.
Hopefully the error has gone away.
Try ensuring the AF switch is set all the way (On camera AND lens). I had mine partially turned on once and it made a noise and wouldn't focus. I probably caused damage from it too (I pray I did not). But if that's not the problem, my best guess would be that your autofocus motor is shot. If that's the case, you can either put it in for repairs or switch to manual focus and focus everything manually (which isn't really too bad, is it?)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Err 99 Some other fault.
There is something wrong, but the camera does not know what.
This number is for all errors the camera can't handle.
Try the normal "reset" method as follows:
Like a cold boot for a computer, the camera can be "rebooted"
follow the following steps:
Switch of the camera and remove the battery.
Remove the memory card and the lens. (if possible)
Recharge the battery. Wait till the indicator on the charger indicates the battery is fully charged.
Check all contacts, if they are clean and shiny. Contacts (from battery and memory card, only to be cleaned with a dry cloth or cotton swab(s).
Reinsert the battery, reinsert the memory card and re-attach the lens.
Then switch on the camera.
If this does not help, contact a certified Canon repair centre.
Hi there please follow the steps and let me know the result.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged & clean the battery connector point in side the battery compartment.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. Now turn on camera( with out card ) and see ,if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine .
Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a
back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec ..
in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
i hope it will gives you success.
Please make sure that you're using fully charged battery pack.
Remove the battery and reinsert after 1 minute.
Reset the camera by following the reset procedure from the manual of the Camera.
If the issue persists again, service is required
1) Turn OFF the camera.
2) Remove the memory card from your camera.
3) Reinsert the memory card, then push down on the card until you hear a click. check the memory card is firmly fitted in your camera.
4) Turn on your camera.
This will clear the error. For noise install a fully charged battery or new battery in your camera.
Rating the solution in highly appreciated.. Good Luck
Sounds like you're using the wrong batteries: Please read and try the following: 1. Make sure you will install a new or fully charged battery/batteries into your camera. Please use lithium batteries Ni-Mh or rechargeable Batteries (2000 M.Amp or higher). 2. Clean the battery contacts. a. Remove the battery/batteries and the memory card from your camera, then wipe the battery contacts with a soft, clean cloth. b. Reinstall the battery/batteries into your camera 3. Turn on your camera without the memory card. (If it works then it?s your memory card that is faulty)
1. Make sure you will install a new or fully charged battery/batteries into your camera. 2. Clean the battery contacts. a. Remove the battery/batteries and the memory card from your camera, then wipe the battery contacts with a soft, clean cloth. b. Reinstall the battery/batteries into your camera. Please make sure that you are installing a fresh/ fully charged battery c. Without the memory card, turn your camera on. (If it works then it?s your memory card that is faulty) 3. Please test with the a different battery If you do not have access to another battery Try these steps instead: Please take the battery out of the camera. b. Insert the charger into the unit from the main socket and turn the camera on. If the camera works you will need to replace the battery. If you camera doesn?t switch on you will need to order a No power repair or a new cable. This camera has an auto lens. Which means it will focus automatically every second, which makes this clicking sound. You can turn this option off: 1: Go into the menu 2: Chose option Cam Settings 3: Switch AUTO focus to single lens and click OK.