Question about Sharp AR-BC320 All-In-One Led Printer
Sharp AR-BC320 Scanner mode, it scans and sends it to an email address, how do i setup the mail server settings with userid and pw, etc?
Login to the copiers web interface (the ip address of the printer ex: 192.168.XX.XX) you will see Network Scanning. Here you can change all the scanning e-mail options.
Posted on May 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2014 | Sharp Mx-2610n Color Copier, Printer,...
Nov 01, 2011 | Sharp AR-M455N Copier
Aug 26, 2017 | Sharp AR-M355N Copier
Type the machine ip adress on the adress bar of the machine and hit enter.
Then the machine webpage will appear
1. Click the Network Settings link, login asadmin, username is admin and password is also admin and click the Services Settings link.
2. Use the SMTP server IP addresses in the Primary andSecondary Server fields rather than the server names.
3. Verify if the mail server is using the default SMTP portof 25. If it is not, then change the Port Number to match the server. Port 587is a commonly used port if authentication is required.
4. The Reply Email Address must be a valid local emailaddress for some mail servers or messages will be discarded. If using a Reply Email Address like: [email protected] [email protected] confirm that the email address actually exists.
5. If the server is running SSL (GMail uses SSL) for bettersecurity, check the box next to Enable SSL. Click here for instructions on how to setup scan to GMail.
6. Leave the User Name and Password blank temporarily andperform the Connection Test. A successful response will verify that the serveris really a valid SMTP mail server.
The following should be performed byan I.T. person
Mail server settings
1.Createa new user account and password for the mfp on the mail server this useraccount name , the name set in the mfp
Apr 08, 2011 | Sharp MX-2700N Color Copier
Model AR-M257 - I have several Sharp MFP devices at different locations and
all are set up to scan through our email server using a special account I have
just for this purpose. I have all of
them setup using the external IP address of our Exchange server (not its name
or FQDN) and I have firewall rules setup to allow SMTP from the WAN IP
addresses of our different offices to the LAN IP address of the Exchange server. It worked at all the others but this
one. I was getting the following error
when trying to send a status message (under Log) from the device to my email
account as a test: [error 973] incorrect
format for primary smtp server. And when
I tried to scan through our email server I would get "network error". However, a connection test succeeded. I had everything set correctly for SMTP and
DNS but as I was trying anything I could to get it working I went to mDNS under
Services and it was enabled. I disabled
it and then I could get a status message to be sent to me and we could send a
scan through our email server.
Apr 12, 2010 | Sharp AR-BC260 Color Copier
Oct 08, 2009 | Samsung CLX 3160fn All-In-One Printer
Apr 01, 2009 | Brother MFC 6490CW InkJet Printer
Nov 21, 2008 | Sharp MX-2300N Color Copier
Feb 05, 2010 | Sharp AR-BC320 All-In-One Led Printer
1,056 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: