Question about LaCie Computers & Internet
I have a lacie ethernet disk mini nas drive connected to my imac via ethernet. it was working fine but has now stopped. i am using mac os x (leopard vesion) i have ran the ip configirator but it is not seen.
I have forgotten the ip address of the drive so i am unable to access it at all.
Have you any idea how i can sort this problem.
I managed to fix mine with a little bit of work.
This website has a readme file that specifies the partitions. You must be using Linux.
1. Plug the drive in a Linux computer, or use a Linux Live disk.
2. Create all the partitions according to the readme file. Use extended partition for the first "container". Linux Swap for the second partition. Use Ext3 format for the remaining.
3. Extract all the SDA6-8 files with bzip.
4. Use "dd" command to write those images to partitions sda6 - sda8 which you just created with this command: dd if=/dev/home/ubuntu/sda6 of=/dev/sda6 bs=512
5. Substitude /home/ubuntu above for the location where you placed the image files.
6. Once all 3 images have been written, the drive should be good to go. Put it back in the edmini, start it up and see if the website comes up. You may have the "format" the drive from the admin utility once its up and going.
Hope this helps.
use the "dd" command in
Posted on Mar 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2011 | LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini, 500 GB Hard Disk...
Jan 05, 2011 | LaCie (300966U) 1024 GB Hard Drive
May 16, 2010 | LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini, 500 GB Hard Disk...
Dec 21, 2008 | LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini, 500 GB Hard Disk...
Apr 28, 2008 | LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini, 500 GB Hard Disk...
Mar 24, 2008 | LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini, 500 GB Hard Disk...
Jan 02, 2008 | LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini, 500 GB Hard Disk...
Mar 15, 2019 | LaCie Computers & Internet
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!