Question about Apple Mac OS X 10.4
When I boot my Mac I enter my password and it's not accepted, the hint questions also doesn't log me in.
How can I override, change or bypass this password, my Mac is locked.
Follow these steps -
1. Start up from a Mac OS X Installation CD (one with a version that is closest to the version of Mac OS X installed on your Mac).
You should first disable Open Firmware password protection, if it is enabled. Hold the C key as the computer starts.
2. From the Installer menu Choose "Reset Password" (if you have Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger this will be the "Utilities menu").
Tip: If you don't see this menu or menu choice, you're probably not started from the CD yet.
3. Select your Mac OS X hard disk volume.
4. Set the user name of your original administrator account.
Do not select "System Administrator (root)".
5. Enter new password.
7. Follow these instructions to set Keychain Access -
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2015 | Computers & Internet
May 15, 2014 | Apple iMac Computers & Internet
Mar 04, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Mar 17, 2012 | Apple Computers & Internet
Dec 25, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 19, 2010 | Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger for Mac
Feb 24, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Feb 06, 2010 | Apple MacBook PC Notebook
Nov 18, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 22, 2020 | Power Computers & Internet
1,315 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: