I HAVE A 12 YEAR OLD SMALL MICROWAVE OVEN. WHEN I CLEANED IT RECENTLY I NOTICED THE BOTTOM OF THE INSIDE WHITE COATING PEELING OFF A LITTLE REVEALING A BLACK UNDERCOATING. IS MY OVEN TO BE A CONCERN TO ME? MS. ELOISE BORKOWSKI
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
as i advised another questioner never buy a microwave with a painted interior as they will always peel.best to buy STAINLESS STEEL.read your paperwork and check your g/tee but if is it not in g/tee it is obviously not fit for purpose so take it back to the shop anyway.
The peeling of the white coating inside of the microwave oven is dangerous in terms of creating a fire hazard and potentially contaminating the food you cook within it. This can be prevented by cleaning up all splatters and spills immediately before using the microwave oven again. You can fix the peeling by replacing the microwave oven or repairing it. To repair it, you will have to remove the peeling coating and then repaint the interior of the microwave with paint that is designed for microwaves in general. Though, if you do this, you will have to let the paint dry up for at least 24 hours. I hope this helps you!
Very difficult to explain briefly as microwaves are truly complex.
You will almost certainly have 2 problems. 1)You need to carefully sandpaper the area where the paint is peeling off and "only paint with appliance paint as this does not have lead in it and 2)The sparks are due to a variety of things, but the most obvious, replace your main capacitor and HV diode. This combination is the normal culprit for arching. If it continues after that, the Magnatron needs replacement as well (Unfortunately, for first time diagnosis, electrical testing equiptment is needed.)
The oven cavity will probably start to rust where the paint is gone. If you're up to it, sand it and paint it with a color that matches the interior color. Other then colors, there is nothing special about paint inside a microwave.
Scratches and bare spots are fairly common, but should be addressed as soon as they arise so the corrosion will not spread and arcing does not occur.
Unplug the power cord and remove the turntable and the support that is under the turntable. Clean the surface of the support wheels or any other part that rubs on the oven cavity.
Take some mild sanding cloth or scotchbright and clean the bare and rusted areas in the microwave. Use appliance touch up paint to re-coat the surface. You can find the touch up at most anywhere that sells appliances, it comes in a plastic bottle similar in appearance to fingernail polish, yes it does have a brush inside.
Let it dry per the instructions on the bottle or 24 hours if not specified.
just use sand paper to clean the rust then use some high temperature paint (sold in tins) eg spray paint but it must be labeled high temperature and spray 2 to 3 coats . your microwave should be safe again
The problem that you are having is that the magnetron inside the microwave is shorting out to ground and it will find the shortest path to reach whatever has metal in it. Replacing the magnetron will solve your problem altogether and you need not do anything else different and continue using your metal racks.