Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
I need to scan something and when I scroll down to Scan to Computer I get a message that says: Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot. I read the guidebook, however, I do not see a solution to this problem. I would expect it to ask me to scan to my computer which is set up as the default, but this isn't happening.
1. Tried opening HP Solution Center
2. Try scanning using the solution center
3. If you still unable to scan using the HP Solution Center try to check if there is Digital Imaging Monitor in the lower part of your screen. If you can not see it download the scan diagnostic utility.
Note : do not save the software. Just run it. If it still unable to solve your problem.
4. Click on start and go to control panel. Under control panel go to scanners and cameras. Try testing the scanners and cameras. If it works try restarting your computer and then try to scan.
5. Try to scan using a shorcut from the hp software. Right click on MyComputer and open it. Open C drive and go to ProgramFiles. go to HP and then go to bin folder. Under bin folder look for hpqscnvw.exe and try scanning using the software. If you are satisfied using the program you can put a shorcut of it in your desktop. If you are unable to scan using that program.
6. Uninstall the software using the CD. Do not use the uninstall button on the cd software. Once the installation screen would come up just click on exit. Open MyComputer and then explore the CD software. Under the CD look for the "util" folder and under it look for "CCC" folder. If you are connecting the printer using a usb cable unplug it. Then uninstall the software using the Uninstall l1, l2, l3 and l4. After uninstallation put a check mark on restart later and click ok.
7. Close all the programs you have open.
8. Click on start and then Contro Panel. Go to Add/Remove Programs. If there is an entry for the printer software uninstall it. After uninstalling it close the programs being opened.
9. Click on start and then Control Panel. Go to printers. If there is an icon for the printer delete it. Right click anywhere in the printer folder screen and then select server properties. Click on port tab. If you see their a port for your printer delete it. Click on the driver tab. If you see their a driver for the printer delete it.
10. Close all the programs.
11. Remove registry entries for the printer
11a. click on start and then click on run. Type in there regedit.
11b. create a back up registry by right clicking on computer and select export. The file name for the backup registry should be HPBackUp and save it on your desktop.
11c. After creating a backup registry. Delete printer entries. Click on the computer. Then Press and hold CTRL button and then f. A new window would open up. Make sure that in that window only the first and last option have a check mark. On the search box type in their printers. and then press enter. It will search for printer folder and under printer folder if you see there an entry for the printer delete it. Keep searching "printers" folders until you have completely remove the entry for the printer.
12. Download the software of your printer in the website. www.hp.com/support
13. Install the software again
14. Try scanning afterwards using the HP Solution Center
Posted on Aug 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 19, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6310 All-in-One Printer...
Dec 20, 2009 | HP Photosmart 2575 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 07, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Oct 17, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 31, 2009 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 02, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 10, 2008 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
641 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!