I had to have my Treo swapped once already because of a problem with the headset jack. The same problem is happening now - the phone always thinks the headset is plugged in (even when it isn't). That results in phone ringing (unless on virbate / silent mode) but no audio through the speaker in the back, and no speakphone icon appearing.
Given the symptoms you describe I would go to your service provider and (hopefully) get support under warranty - very likely hardware related.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
a. Make sure your ringer is not in vibrate mode.
1. Press Menu > Settings/Tools > Settings > Sounds > Ringer Type > Voice Calls.
2. Select Caller IDor No Caller ID. (A list of ring type categories will be displayed.)
3. Select a category, and then use your navigation key to scroll through the available ringers. A sample ringer will sound as you highlight each option.
4. Press OK to assign a ringer.
b. Make sure your speaker works. Turn On your speaker phone while talking to someone and see whether you can hear or not. c.Make sure the increase the volume using keys on side of your phone.
just need a new earpiece speaker or it simply needs to be adjusted into place. If there is no repair shop around you or you do not want to mess with it, then just buy a $20 bluetooth headset to bypass the whole earpiece.
THE phone's Headset Plug is stucked. Try to plug and Un-plug the headset many times for it will release. Best, Play a Music and try this on so when you haer the sound coming from the phone, it means it works
not sure if this will work but go into downloaded ring tones pick one see the options and see if it says set as ringtone or message tone it should work also try going into profiles and perzonlize and go to ringing tone and pick downloaded tones hope that helps