How to instal printer on dilink dir-888
i 1 D-Link DIR-855 User Manual 0
Section 2 - Installation
If you are connecting the router to a cable/DSL/satellite modem, please follow the steps below:
1. Place the router in an open and central location. Do not plug the power adapter into the router.
2. Turn the power off on your modem. If there is no on/off switch, then unplug the modem’s power adapter. Shut down your computer.
3. Unplug the Ethernet cable (that connects your computer to your modem) from your computer and place it into the Internet port on the router.
4. Plug an Ethernet cable into one of the four LAN ports on the router. Plug the other end into the Ethernet port on your computer.
5. Turn on or plug in your modem. Wait for the modem to boot (about 30 seconds).
6. Plug the power adapter to the router and connect to an outlet or power strip. Wait about 30 seconds for the router to boot.
7. Turn on your computer.
These instruction are on the CD that came with the router
Here is the start:
D-Link DIR-855 User Manual 13
Section 2 - Installation
The DIR-855 includes a Quick Router Setup Wizard CD. Follow the simple steps below to run the Setup Wizard to
guide you quickly through the installation process.
Insert the Quick Router Setup Wizard CD in the CD-ROM drive. The step-by-step instructions that follow are shown
in Windows® XP. The steps and screens are similar for the other Windows operating systems.
If the CD Autorun function does not automatically start on your computer, go to Start > Run. In the run box type
“D:\DIR855.exe” (where D: represents the drive letter of your CD-ROM drive).
When the autorun screen appears, click Install Router.
Section 3 - Configuration
This section will show you how to configure your new D-Link wireless router using the web-based configuration utility.
Web-based Configuration Utility
To access the configuration utility, open a web-browser such as Internet Explorer and enter the IP address of the router (192.168.0.1).
Select Admin from the drop-down menu and then enter your password. Leave the password blank by default.
If you get a Page Cannot be Displayed error, please refer to the Troubleshooting section for assistance
Click Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard to begin.
If you want to enter your settings without running the wizard, click Manual Configuration and skip to page 19.
follow the prompts.
You also can go to D-Iink.com for setup instructions
Apr 20, 2010 |
D-Link DIR-855 Wireless Router