How to load Mini DVD to Mac
- Though Mini DVD can not be played back in Mac slot loading player, we have other ways to load Mini DVD to Mac.
- Method 1 If Mini DVD camcorder has FireWire or USB; just connect the Mini DVD camcorder to Mac using FireWire, or USB to load Mini DVD to Mac.
- Method 2 If Mini DVD camcorder has not FireWire or USB; just shop for external mini-DVD drive that uses either a USB or Firewire connector cable, and then connect the external mini-DVD drive to your Mac and install any extra software that came with it. Insert the mini-DVD into the external drive, and then access the files on the mini-DVD as you normally would to load Mini DVD to Mac.
- Method 3 If Mini DVD camcorder has not FireWire or USB; buy an adapter that converts a mini-DVD to a normal DVD by adding on a circular plastic piece that emulates the full size of a regular DVD. Attach the adapter to the mini-DVD and load it into the Mac's DVD drive to access the files. (Check the specifications of the adapter before purchasing, as several on the market do not work in vertical-loading drives like those found on the MacBook Pro.)
- Method 4 If Mini DVD camcorder has not FireWire or USB and you don't want to buy a separate external drive or full-size adapter either, but you do have access to a PC, you can transfer the files on the mini-DVD onto the PC, then put them onto a USB flash drive, which will work on your Mac.
more detailed at http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/easy-solution-to-import-midi-dvd-into-imovie.html