Question about Computers & Internet
My son spilt soda on my hp530. I took it apart completely and I am letting it dry. When I had it plugged in the light would show that the battery is charged but when I tried to push the power button nothing happened. Any ideas what the main issue might be? I use this computer daily and not sure how to fix it, please helpp
Posted on Nov 27, 2011
Remove battery and power. Take apart as much as possible. wash any wet/sticky parts in de-ionised water (as used for topping up batteries), allow to thoroughly dry before re-assembling and powering up. Leave at least 24 hrs to dry.
Try not to get circuit board too wet, but if it does not work then you have nothing to lose!
Liquid on keyboard can be very difficult to fix as damp gets under the membrane - even if computer works the keyboard may not but you could always use USB keyboard.
If you have any Silica Gel packets, put notebook and all parts in a plastic bag with them to absorb all moisture (but make sure no powder gets into the components).
Posted on Aug 09, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 22, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Aug 08, 2009 | HP 530 Notebook
Jun 09, 2009 | Toshiba Equium 2000 (PV1065E0-011FR) PC...
Apr 28, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Mar 20, 2008 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
May 26, 2020 | HP Computers & Internet
507 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!