- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most fax machines would have a resolution selector to vary clarity of transmitted documents. The same would also hold true for scanning jobs. I would discount the possibility of the power supply since everything works except for the quality of the copy/fax. If the printer still works OK (quality of print out) then it is the scanner's availability to copy that is the issue. With current prices of all in one printers (fax/scanner), purchase of a new unit might be more practical not only in terms of cost but in downtime.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
If it is just from incoming faxes and not from anything you print/copy then it is the sender's fax machine that is dirty. If everything you do has that line, try cleaning the scanner glass and corona wire.
Faxing is fine , when sending or receiving ?
any way I do not think you need to clean the scanner . if you can send a fax and other party can get the fax your scanner is ok . If not you need to replace the scanners light which is a glass looking bar close to your document feeder
Received fax is unreadable or blurry Please go through the checklist below to see if the suggested action(s) can resolve the issue.
* Make sure the copy function is working well. * Print a Clean nozzle page from the Maintenance menu. If the printout has unexpected white or color horizontal streaks or missing portions, print the Clean nozzle page again. If you are still experiencing streaks or mission portions, you may need to replace your cartridge(s). * The cartridges may need to be aligned. * You may need to ask the sender to increase their fax quality.
Sent fax is unreadable or blurry.
1. If the receiving party indicates that the fax output is unreadable or blurry, you may want to try increasing the fax quality. 2. Check the scanner glass for excess amounts of smudges and/or fingerprints. If the scanner glass needs cleaning, moisten a clean, lint-free cloth and gently wipe the scanner glass. Make sure the scanner glass is dry before scanning the next document.