- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The SSR has a short circuit or the dc controller pcb is faulty. To clear press: additional functions 2+8 additional functions copier function clear err ok turn off main power switch on the side and turn on
This is an error in the communication with the scanner. Check or reseat the connectors from the scanner , check to see if the scanner even moves during initialization ( power supply for it may be bad ), check/replace reader controller, scanner board, or main controller of copier. I've not seen this error before. Good luck.
The shutter open sensor does not go on. (The shutter does not open.)
1. Check the shutter home position sensor. Is it normal?
2. Check the wiring between the finisher controller PCB and the stack
feeding motor and between the finisher controller PCB and the shutter
open/close clutch. Is it normal?
3. Is there a fault in the shutter mechanism?
4. Try replacing the stack edging motor and the shutter open/close clutch.
Points to Note When Replacing the HDD 1. Take care to avoid damage by static charge. 2. Keep the HDD unit from impact.
1) Remove the rear upper cover and the reader rear cover. 2) Remove the three screws , and detach the cover. 3) Remove the two screws , and disconnect the two connectors ; then, remove the HDD unit. 4) Remove the six screws, and detach the HDD.
When mounting the HDD unit, be sure that the flat cable is under the plastic sheet of the HDDupper case.
here is a link to the location of the HDD http://i51.tinypic.com/htvitg.jpg
1) Replace the HDD unit. 2) After assembling the machine, connect the power plug to the power outlet. 3) Connect a PC to which the Service Support Tool has been installed. 4) Turn on the PC, and turn on the main power switch while holding down both '2' and '8' on the keypad. 5) Using the Service Support Tool, format the HDD unit and install the system software.
Sort of, since both are fuser temperature related. First, the error needs to be cleared. Turning off/on won't do that.
You could go into service mode and clear the error (*28* > copier> function > clear > err > ok. Then turn the copier off, then on again and watch it heat up. I always monitor the temperature to make sure it's in the acceptable range (190 C or around that range).
If it happens often I'd have the thermistors changed. If it still happens, check the connectors in back of the fuser. They may need to be shimmed.