"Change Drum Soon" Message; not change when we changed the drum.
We have three of the same printer, Brother 7820N. One of them is only five months old. One of them gives us the message :Change Drum Soon." We have switched the drum with one from the new machine, and it still is giving us the same message!The drum life indicates 0%. Do I need to reset something in order for it to work properly?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I found the following post on another site. It appears to work.
If you want to reset your Brother MFC 7820N machine so you no longer have the error message: Toner End of Life, do the following:
1. Open the front cover of the 7820N, that is, the cover that allows you to pull out the toner and drum, but don't pull out the drum/toner. 2. Push the button: Options (located on the left of the control pad). 3. Type: *00 on the keypad.
The Brother MFC 7820N should be reset and the Toner End of Life message should disappear.
WARNING: This may void your warranty and ultimately damage your machine if you are reusing or refilling your cartridges, but you should already know that. Hope this helps.
There is an easy reset procedure for this.
1) Open the front cover.
2) Press the Options key on the control panel. The display will show "REPLACE DRUM - 1.YES 2.NO".
3) Press 1 to reset the drum count.
4) Close the front cover.
Good Luck and Thank You for using Fixya.
drum and cartridge are two different things. The cartridge is attached to the drum. They do need to either be cleaned with rubbing alcohol and cotton swab. You can try to clean out the connections. But many o require replacement.