- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did you check: 1) are there wisible marks on drum - like spots, streaks,... if no, first check the copie glass if it appears when you make copies. 2) does it appears when you print too? If yes, also check the fixing unit for spots, ... , but if there is also on drum, that means that the cleaning blade is deformed on some places ( the place where the toner streaks are ). You can use some paper A4, fold it on half and ran it beetwean the drum and cleaning blade. But if the blade is too heavily worn out, the best solution would be to replace drum unit.
there are some possibilities for this problem.
i will explain it.
1) First of all check out if the toner is full ,half or near to empty.
There is no exact procedure to check the powder left in the toner without opening the toner.but in one toner there comes about near to 1500 copies.if you have got about 1200 to 1300 copies.then its quite possible that the power left is near to empty so the streaks comes on the paper due to less powder left.many times in this case removing and shaking the toner then reinserting the toner again and checking the printout helps.
2) But if you are sure that toner is not empty then other possibility is.in the toner cartridge there is a aluminium drum.its easily seen in the cartridge.once you remove the cartridge. if that drum is got very much used then due to that drum the streaks appear.fox example.if the drum is new the print is very dark.if the drum gets old the print gets very light or with streaks or faded print.
3) Now if drum and toner powder both are proper and still the problem then its the fault in the printer.in your printer there is some toner powder got spilled out on the inner parts from where the printing paper passes.so when the paper passes from the part where the powder is fallen or got collected then the streaks comes.in this case the printer needs internal cleaning and servicing.
4) but in some cases it has been noticed that internal powder of the toner becomes moist and very hard to come out from the toner for printing.in this case either toner needs to be refilled or toner needs to be replaced.you can get the toner refilled from local cartridge refilling store or local stationery shops dealing in cartridge refillings.The cartridge refilling shops also have the same printer for checking the cartridge.so at the refilling shop it will be confirmed whether the fault is in cartridge or printer.
This will help. Thanks please keep updated. please please do rate the solution positively
.thank you for using fixya
If it is just when you copy and not when you print then it is a cleaning issue. Toner cartridge would cause the line to appear on copies, printouts and faxes. There is a piece of glass inside the auto document feeder that is probably dirty. Open up the document feeder as if you were clearing an original document jam. Look for a piece of glass inside the ADF, it will run the length of the document feeder. There is probably some dirt or another popular problem is white out. Clean off the glass with glass cleaner or alcohol and it should fix the problem.
You mentioned when you copy.
If you just have it print with out doig a copy (like have it print an internal report or what ever) does it do the same thing?
If it does (and I'm assuming that this is a laser printer) change the toner cartridge.
If it doesn't, then there is something on the glass area that is causing the streak. Clean the glass with vinegar and water solution (not sopping wet, just damp on the rag) and dry. Test again.
One way to tell is to take out the toner cart and shake it, reinstall and test run. If it comes out better you may be running out of toner in the cart and will need to replace it shortly. The drum and toner cart on this machine are in the same unit.
Hope that helps...
is the toner refilled ? if yes you have to buy a new one, you cant refill one toner more then 2-3 times because the cleaning system stops working in some point. if these streaks are visible in pc drum your drum is damaged and you need to replaced. the toner not istalled is caused by toner leak, toner contact pins are tirty, you need to clean them. if you remove drum and toners you cans see a 3 reading pins under toner rack.