Question about Garden

1 Answer

Hi, I have a steel ruler that measures from the centre out to the ends, 150-0-150 (on the other side it is normal, 0-300). The company that supplies these has a smaller size than this but not a bigger size. I was hoping for a 600mm ruler that measures 300-0-300). Does anyone know if there is something available that would come close to this? I think they are called centre find rulers, but they are handy for other things like quick multi measuring with sheet metal! Thank you for your time!

Posted by Darryl Traves on

  • Darryl Traves Apr 12, 2011

    Hi, Thank you very much! That is exactly what I am searching for. I am in Australia, so I will have to check on postage or if they have an Australian agent/importer. From what I see in the picture, they do not have 1/2 mm (What a waste and strain on your eyes). Thank you very much once again. Darryl. (FixYa is good because you can tap into such a wealth of knowledge, experience and people in different locations)



1 Answer

Hans Pearson

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,510 Answers

They are called "zero centered rulers" and the majority I came across are in imperial markings, but metric ones are available. This company offers them for sale:-

Posted on Apr 12, 2011


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a Vulcan 1500 Classic and wanted to know if anything off a 1995 1500 will work on the 05?

try it and see get a ruler and measure that is your best depending on what you want to change , most steel parts might fit because they have been using the same frames foever

Aug 21, 2014 | Motorcycles

1 Answer

How are you supposed to know if two shapes are similar if there aren't on a grid.

Use a ruler to measure the lengths of the sides and a protractor to measure the angles. The scale factor is the lengths of one divided by the lengths of the other.

Dec 07, 2013 | The Learning Company Achieve! Math &...

2 Answers

Circle middle

Draw two chords of the circle (any two chords will do, as long as they aren't parallel). Construct perpendicular bisectors of each chord. The center of the circle will be where the two bisectors intersect.

May 10, 2013 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

I looking for Timing Margs For Daihatsu Terios 200

The timing marks (dots) are on the sprockets.. Make sure you have these lined up perfectly (use a steel ruler) before dismantling anything! Then you will have No.1 piston at TDC (top dead centre) and the job will go smoothly... ok?

Feb 13, 2013 | 2004 Daihatsu Terios

1 Answer

My jointer not make the wood flat

You might have the outfeed table lower than the blade. If the outfeed table is adjustable, then you can check it easily with a steel ruler. With the Power OFF, lay the steel rule on edge on the outfeed table so that it hangs over the blade. Rotate the blade by hand in the forward direction. The blade just just barely touch the ruler. If the ruler is bumped up and pulled forward by the blade, then this is the problem. If your outfeed table is not adjustable, then you need to adjust your blades. If this is not the problem it may be that your wood is not uniformly dried.

Jul 25, 2012 | Delta Masonry Tools

1 Answer

How is the case dimention of a wrist watch measured......what is all is included?

If you are looking to purchase a new watch, you have likely seen that there is a measurement for the watch case. This does not mean the box which contains the watch. The watch case is the space between the two arms that extend above and below the watch where the band attaches. The end of the band will fit in between the watch case. You will need to know this measurement both in purchasing a new watch and in looking for a replacement band. Often, watch makers give this number in millimeters, and for that reason, you will need to use a metric ruler to make the measurement.
jQuery('.intro .thumbnail').each(function(i,e){ jQuery(e).find('img').one('error',function(){ jQuery(e).remove(); }); });
  1. Find the watch case. It is the space where the end of the band attaches to the watch face. Refer to the image for a picture of the location of the watch case.
  2. Using the metric ruler, measure the distance from the inside of one of the arms to the inside of the other arm. Watch makers use the inside measurement when creating their watches, not the distance from the outer edges of the arms.
  3. Write down the measurement on the piece of paper. Measure the other watch case, but they should both be the same measurement.
jQuery('.article ol .image').each(function(i,e){ var $this = jQuery(this); $this.find('img').error(function(){ jQuery(this).remove(); $this.remove(); }); });

Aug 28, 2010 | Citizen Eco-Drive BL006056H Wrist Watch

1 Answer

How to read steel tape?

Not enough info, a steel ruler could be in 64's of an inch, a steel tape measure is usually in 16's of an inch but some are in 32's of an inch until you get past the 12" mark.

Oct 05, 2009 | Peachtree Woodworking 12' LEFT READING...

2 Answers

Rear disc brake line

Flex line screws into the block where the two steel lines for each side brakes are joined.

Apr 08, 2009 | 2000 Ford F150 Flareside SuperCab

1 Answer

Using Calcomp 6 drawing board in corel draw and signwizard 4.1

I don't know about Signwizard but if Corel Draw is the problem, this might help. Double click on the ruler or...Go to tools and open the Options dialogue box. Click Document then click Guidelines then Rulers. The right panel should show a button the says Edit Scale. Click that. Make a note of what's there before you change anything.
You can calibrate the rulers to real-world distance too.
1. Click Tools Options.

2. In the Toolbox list of categories, double-click Toolbox, and click Zoom, hand tool.

3. Click Calibrate rulers.

4. Place a clear plastic ruler under the on-screen horizontal ruler.

5. Click the up or down arrows on the Horizontal box to match one unit of measurement on the on-screen ruler with one unit of measurement on the actual ruler.

6. Place the ruler beside the on-screen vertical ruler.

7. Click the up or down arrows on the Vertical box to match one unit of measurement on the on-screen ruler with one unit of measurement on the actual ruler.

Jan 07, 2009 | GTCO Calcomp 44"x60" SuperL III Digitizer...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Garden Logo

Related Topics:

25 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Garden Experts

Dennis Key
Dennis Key

Level 3 Expert

2481 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

23572 Answers


Level 3 Expert

85239 Answers

Are you a Garden Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides