Question about HP Pavilion d4100y (PX181AV) PC Desktop
Access the Recovery Console and extract a new copy of the Kernel32.dll file from the original WinXP CD
1. Start recovery console as described above
2. Insert the WinXP CD
3. At the command prompt, type CD system32, press ENTER
4. Type ren kernel32.dll kernel32.old, press ENTER
5. Type map, press ENTER
6. Go to the drive that contains your CD
7. Type expand drive\i386\kernel32.dl_, press ENTER; Kernel32.dll should be listed as 1 file expanded
8. Type exit, the computer restarts
9. Remove the WinXP CD
Posted on Apr 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2012 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Jul 30, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Jul 29, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 24, 2009 | Geovision GV-800-16 Video Capture
Mar 13, 2009 | Compaq Presario SR1120NX 2.66GHZ Tower w/...
Dec 27, 2008 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Oct 21, 2008 | HP Pavillion a818n Desktop PC (Refurb)...
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: