Question about RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
We got the TV, and the screen wasnt working. now we have color, but the picture is REALLY blurry. how do we fix the focus on the TV?
If you have little knowledge about electronics, you have to open the back of your tv and adjust the focus adjustment located at the back of the flyback transformer the large black colored like hard plastic... and if it is still not working replace the CRT socket....
Posted on Aug 11, 2008
It is blurry a round the side of the screen
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
I have the same model and the same problem - the picture just started getting slightly blurry, and moving objects get sort of grainy and jagged around the edges. I'd like to try the flyback adjustment you mention, but I have no idea what to look for. Is there a guide or reference that could help with this stuff? Schematics?
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2011 | Hitachi Televison & Video
Jan 31, 2010 | Hitachi 43UWX10B 43" Rear Projection...
Aug 07, 2009 | Sony KP-65WS500 65" Rear Projection...
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Sep 20, 2007 | Akai CF2791 27" TV
Sep 07, 2007 | Toshiba 36A40 36" TV
Feb 08, 2015 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Oct 10, 2017 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
766 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: