Question about Metra Car Audio & Video
SOURCE: the adapter for the radio
what kind of radio did you get-if it is a new aftermarket radio it would come with a plug that you must wire to the aftermarket wiring harness you bought then if you got the correct harness it should plug into the Car- Metra has the correct harness it is part #70-1770
Posted on Mar 27, 2008
SOURCE: removal of radio
1. disconnect battery lead because of air bag sensors
2. pop off trim around shifter stick
3. remove center knob on the A/C panel. Remove phillips screw behind the knob. This is the only screw that has to come out (in addition to the 4 radio screws)
4. pull the a/c console forward. It's a tight fit but it's only held by clips. This was the most difficult part for me because I didn't want to break anything. It eventually released after pulling with constant pressure.
5. pull the air vent assembly off around the radio. This is also a tight fit, is only secured with clips. The radio face plate came off with this piece.
6. Remove 4 10mm bolts at bottom of radio. I used putty on a 10mm socket to help hold the bolt from falling down into the dashboard. Lose these bolts and you'll easily add several hours to the job trying to fish them out of the dashboard.
Hope this helps
Posted on Oct 10, 2008
SOURCE: remove dashkit
You need to remove the plastics around the radio area, they simply pop off. Unhook the plugs connecting the buttons. Then you'll have access to the radio, they are simply bolted in. Once you remove the bolts, there's a harness that plugs into the back of the unit. Also note that the SC has an amplified system, meaning you can't just swap the radio unit out, you'll need to change the amplifier as well. Depending on the year of your SC, you'll probably need to change the speakers as well. Most likely the amp you'll be putting will have more power than the stock unit and will likely blow them out.
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
go to metraonline.com and your car then select kits choose the kit for your car and then hit product instructions. you should see radio removal procedures for your car dash.
Posted on Aug 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2013 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jun 30, 2012 | Alpine CDM-7871R CD Player
Apr 27, 2012 | 1991 Honda Accord
May 09, 2011 | Kenwood Car Audio & Video
Jan 17, 2011 | Volkswagen Passat Radio Install Dash Kit
Jun 10, 2009 | 2003 Ford Escape
May 22, 2009 | 2000 Ford Focus
Mar 23, 2009 | Sony 52W x 4 Satellite Radio/Apple iPod...
Aug 08, 2008 | 2002 Honda Civic
Oct 28, 2016 | Metra Car Audio & Video
126 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: