My daughter has just moved into a house she turns on the bedroom lights and they dont work.but if she puts the toilet light on then they work. i have checked for power and there is some but if you turn the light out then there is no power at all the switch in the toilet is dead but turn it on and the power is there.regards glenn. [email protected]
ps i know that its not the catagorie but i need help
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The wall of the daughter's bedroom is NOT insulated. Moisture from normal activities (showering and cooking) within the house are causing the realtive humidity to be above 50%. When that moisture enters the wall or ceiling, the temperature drops below the dewpoint and condenses out. The moisture that condenses makes a nice environment for the growth of black mold which is highly toxic. The mold will spread by airborne spores. If you have return air ducts for your HVAC system in the room, the spores might be dispersed throughout the entire house, depending on how good you HVAC filter is. Note that if you have a swamp cooler on the roof, it could be leaking water through the ceiling and causing the problem.
You need to immediately move you daughter to another room and remediate the situation -- tear out all the drywall and anything that is damp or has signs of visible mold. Get the humidity in ther house below 50% with a dehumidifier. I would recommend the Winix 50-pint model (refer to link below). This will condition 1500 square feet, which is a lot, but you will need one on each floor.
Try this. Remove power from the fan. Remove batteries from the remote. Press butttons on remote (might be stuck). Apply power to the fan. Install batteries in the remote and try all functions. If this doesn't work, the remote may be defective or the remote receiver may be defective. I can tell you from my own experience I have a ceiling fan that loses its mind whenever there is a power outage. Has to be reeducated from scratch
Someplace there has to be a power (wall) switch that controls the power to the unit. Make sure it was not turned off by accident.If both the light and fan do not work on the unit, it sounds like a possible wiring problem or receiver problem. Unless you are good at house wiring, it may be best to have a professional come in.
I would think a loose wire that takes power from the switch up to the fan/light unit or a white wire that would be a common neutral wire for both the fan and light.
It might be a bit too complicated for someone without experience to attempt to remedy on their own.
Yes, but the remote operates on the switch that turns the lights on and off. Lutron has this kind of technology and it is really cool. I have it all over my house and I don't even have to go room by room turning lights off; I just push a button from my bedroom. Along with a single remote that can be used with each switch in your house, you can program a house remote that controls the lights and ambiance of every room.
If you just want a half bath (sink, mirror, toilet, lighting, vent, and flooring, you can build a small one for about $6,000. Remember you will want to finish the walls, and add baseboards, and a door.I would hit the seller up for a reduction in sales price. Nobody has upstairs bedrooms without baths anymore.
I have had the same problem I have two bell receivers one in the bedroom and one in the living room, in low light the remote in the living room would work much like yours, but if I took the same remote into the bedroom it worked fine in low light, the second remote responded exactly the same, the problem in my situation was the TV had a light sensor that adjusts the picture depending on the light in the room, with this option turned off. The remote works just fine in low light situation.
the blinking light came on because the temperature was above the ideal temperatures ideal is 37 --42 degrees by now you probably got the light to go off.i thought i was out of that in my own house after my children grew up. now i have it again my grandchildren and daughter moved and they sneak treats out of the freezor which is down stairs next to their bedrooms
Remove the light shield and there should be screws under it. Remove the air tower in the back, it snaps in and there is 2 screws behind that as well to remove the damper housing that sits behind the light. Also not sure what your model is but some models have 2 air ducts that run up each side, they come out after the light shield is removed by sliding foward and then pulling down. After the screws are removed in the upper plate the light assy will snap out and there is 2 quick disconnects on the wires.