The Activation Code consists of 15 characters. It is generated from the Product Code and the Device Code. This Activation Code is required to run the software on your device. It only enables the software to run on that particular device.
The TomTom product code consists of 15 characters. It is a unique code to prove that you have an official TomTom product and hence you need it for product activation.
You can find your product code in one of these places:
- on the 'productcode card' in your TomTom box;
- in your CD jewel case, behind one of the CDs;
- on the PLUS pages under My Maps (for your downloadable Maps);
- in TomTom HOME 1.x by clicking Explore from the Options menu and then double-clicking the map (for Map downloads)
- in TomTom HOME 2.x by clicking Show contents of my device, then expanding Maps and then clicking More info.
The Device Code consists of 10 characters. It is different for every device, so make sure you use the device code for your own device, on which you want to use the software.
for help on where to find your device code.
In some cases you may have to manually activate your software. In this case the product code and the device code generate a unique activation code. Enter this code on your device.
Go to http://www.ttcode.com/
to obtain an activation code for manual activation.
(Please remember to rate)