Question about Polaroid PDM-1040 Portable DVD Player
I'm having the same problem with "wrong region code"?
Here are some steps that are llsited for a similar polaroid model so it may not be exact but it may help.
1. Make sure there's not a DVD in the machine.
2. Power the machine on.
3. Using the remote, press the setup button.
4. Use the right-arrow key to move to the "Preferences" menu.
5. Press these numeric keys on the remote in this exact order: 1379
6. The machine should display the current region. Use the up/down arrows to choose which region from 1 to 6 (or 0/regionless) you want.
Hope this helps. Please remember to rate this information.
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
you can try this
>Go to Setup.
>Select Preference Page.
>Press 1, 3, 8, 9, 3, 1 on the Philips DVP3986 DVD Player remote.
>Press the up/down key to select "0" which makes it region free.
>Press ok and exit setup.
Posted on Feb 24, 2009
SOURCE: Samsung dvd htx200 region error
no solution but i have exactly the same problem - the system has suddenly stopped playing any dvds at all including ones it has previously played - i get no sound or picture just a circle with a + sign in the middle on the dvd digital display
did you find any solutions elsewhere?
Posted on Dec 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2011 | Alpine PKG-RSE2 Car DVD Player
Dec 31, 2010 | Philips Televison & Video
Mar 12, 2010 | Panasonic DMR-ES40V DVD-Video Recorder
Dec 25, 2009 | Sanyo DVW-6100 DVD Player/VCR
Dec 23, 2009 | RCA L26WD26D 26 in. LCD TV
Dec 18, 2009 | RCA L22HD32D 22 in. LCD HDTV/DVD Combo
Jun 14, 2009 | GPX D1816 DVD Player
Dec 21, 2008 | Philips PET710 Portable DVD Player
Aug 16, 2008 | Televison & Video
188 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!