- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm not quite understanding what exactly you are saying. Do you mean,
You have a TV, and when you turn it on, you have pictures but, you can't scroll or operate/change channels, volumes etc. by using the remote but, in order to turn the TV off, you have to unplug the power cord.
1. Check the battery in the remote
2. If the battery is good in the remote then you might have a bad remote, buy new remote or replace it with a universal remote.
3. If either not a battery or remote, then it will be the control board inside the TV quit working and will need to be replaced. Depending on how expensive or age of the TV. By the time you invest fixing the board with labor, might runs you from $200 to $400 bucks, and you can buy a new TV from Walmart a 49" inch TV for $319 bucks.
Good day sir/maam, there are really few manufacturers of TVs that adopted to use a remote to turn on the TV. so if the remote is lost, you cant power it on, check out your dealer if they have a spare remote, or visit any electronics depot for any universal remote that your TV is compatible with, ask the dealer if it would work on your Samsung TV.
Note: browse your user manual, if it has a secret button or a combination of buttons to power on your TV. that may help.