Question about Creative Labs Zen V MP3 Player
If you tried to reset it, but it did not respond at all, this indicates that the reset button is broken. You'll need to have it repaired.
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
SOURCE: My Creative Zen M won't "dock"
My zen microphoto wouldn't dock after working well. It coincided with a download of windows media player 11. I was told to download media player 11 again and to restart the computer twice. Something to do with a driver missing. I didn't think this would work - but it did! In fact two zen micros that wouldn't dock are now docking perfectly!!
Posted on Apr 10, 2007
SOURCE: creative zen touch mp3 player
Detach your player from the PC if it is connected, and turn off the player.
If the player stops responding, you can reset the player. To reset the player, gently
insert a thin object into the Reset hole located below the power switch. if that doesnt work try this:
I decided to open it up to check out the hard drive to see what kind I would need so I could try replacing it. The data plug that attaches to the hard drive itself was partially unplugged. So, I pushed it back in all the way, put it all back together again, and turned it on just to see if something different might happen. (I had it set in my mind that the hard drive failed and I would need a new one, so I didn't expect anything different to happen) And to my surprise, it worked just like new again
when you get it working
try downloading the MP3 player recovery tool from Creative's website (the tool contains the latest firmware update available -- 1.15.03). Plug your ZV+ into your PC, run the program and let it update the firmware. Then format, reload your music and try it.
Posted on Jan 28, 2008
To Fix any problems with broken firmware form attempted “playsforsure”
firmware updates etc where your pc finds it as a 20mb drive and it sits
in recovery mode and does bugger all:
1. Uninstall all creative software & drivers
2. Uninstall Media Player 11 and Media Player 11 runtime (will require a
reboot for each thing). This is done by going to add/remove programs and
uninstalling (this will put your pc back to wmp10).
3. Re-install the Zen Driver from the creative website and reboot (I just reloaded Media Explorer using my ZMP install CD).
4, Plug Zen in.
5, Make sure you have the firmware update ready, run it but don’t click
the language bit yet), leave the mouse hovering over your language
selection. (for ZMP, just start firmware exe file, there is no language selection. You can get the firmware update from Creative’s site, go to SUPPORT and then DOWNLOADS).
6. On the Zen- select “reload OS” (on ZMP I believe it is Erase or Reload Firmware, something like that, don’t have it in front of me).
7. As soon as it flashes up “reload new firmware now via USB” click the
8. Now the pc should find it and allow you to re-load the
firmware. (it may take a few attempts)
9. Once complete, click close and restart the pc. Everything should now
10. Once all is working, you can re-install WMP11 and it will work fine.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: