My itouch had a problem and it went into recovery mode i went into itunes and tried to restore it i downloaded the 1.1.5 restore and when it is restoring it comes up with an error saying itouch can not be restored error 6 i tried doing it on another laptop and changing usb ports and every thing but it still wont restore please what can i do
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Plug the iPod touch into the computer that it was last synced with.
Once iTunes recognizes the iPod you should be able to unlock it with your password.
If you do not remember your password or you still cannot unlock the iPod, then you should try to restore the iPod.
To restore the iPod: 1) Turn the iPod off. 2) Hold down the Home button and connect the iPod to the computer it was last synced with. 3) Continue to hold the Home button until the iTunes symbol appears on the iPod's screen. The iPod is now in recovery mode. 4) After iTunes has recognized that the iPod is in recovery mode, follow iTunes instructions and restore the iPod.
If restoring the iPod doesn't work, then you will need to call Apple customer support.
You can put the iPod into recovery mode, and then restore the iPod.
To do this: 1) Turn the iPod off. 2) Hold down the Home button on the iPod while connecting it to the computer it was last synced with. 3) Release the Home button when the iTunes image appears on the iPod's screen. 4) Wait for iTunes to recognize the iPod and then follow the onscreen instructions to restore the iPod.
if u cant restore ur itouch then try puttin it in the dfu mode. itunes will say there is an itouch in recovery mode. just ignore it and press shift + restore then locate ur .ipsw file and click ok. then complete ur restore process.
ones in recovery mode you can remove the code by restoreing the ipod with itunes heres how
Note: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.
How to restore your iPod: For Windows:
1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
3. After a few moments, it will appear in the source list in iTunes.
4. Select your iPod in the source list and you will see information about it appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes windows.
5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:
Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.
7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.
i had the same problem. this is all the steps needed, calling apple isnt necessary.
first: press down on the top power button and on the menu button
second: keep pressing, eventually the screen to turn it off will pop out. ignore it and keep pressing.
third: the itouch will turn off completely but dont stop pressing
fourth: the apple sign will come out. you may now release.
fifth: now you should be able to connect to itunes that will restore your ipod.
if you do not know your passcode then make sure it is plugged in 2 the cp and make sure the itouch is on the screen where it says enter passcode. then you hold the power and home button at the same time until the itouch completely turns off and then you keep on holding both buttons until the apple logo again. and after that appears, you let go of the power button but you keep holding the home button until the itouch says its connected to itunes. and then you are allowed to access it on itunes. then you need to restore it and it will restore ur hole ipod and there will not be a passcode anymore