- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have similar model and setup should be the same..
1, Handset: press Menu
2, Handset: scroll using up/down arrow keys to "Initial setting" then press soft key Select
3, Handset: scroll to "Registration" press soft key Select
4, Handset: sroll to " HS Registration" press soft key Select
5, Base Unit: Press and hold (LOCATOR/INTERCOM/TRANSFER) for 3 seconds. The Charge indicator flashes. After the CHARGE indicator starts flashing, the rest of the procedure must be completed within 1 minute.
6, Handset: 1: press soft key OK
2: wait untill a long beep sounds and the display shows the new extention number
**Registration should be complete**
TAP start- settings- system- regional settings( icon is earth)- locate English(ur country) in the search box- tap ok.
Next, TAP MULTILINGUAL SUPPORT( located near the regional settings, before the battery icon. Still the icon is earth but it has a somewhat ring figure)- locate your country. Then go to CONTROL tab located below<3rd tab>, unmark the first box then just below it, choose English with Arabic Enabled- tap ok.
Make sure to restart your handset. Long press the power button until it displays an icon that means do not turn off handset by removing the battery then if it's already off. wait for a couple of seconds, like 10seconds maybe then turn it on again.
To be able to register your replacement handset, you must de-register all the handsets from the VT2656 base unit.
Follow the steps below to de-register your handset(s) from the VT2656 base:
1. Take out the handset that sits on the base. 2. Unplug power from the base. 3. Hold down PAGE while reconnecting power. When the In Use light blinks, release the PAGE key. 4. Hold down PAGE key for 5 seconds. When the In Use light begins to flash, release the PAGE key. 5. The handset charging light will blink 5 times. Within 5 seconds from when it stops blinking, press PAGE once.
You must register the handset(s) by following the steps below:
1. After charging the handset, remove it from the cradle, the LCD display will read "SEARCHING FOR BASE". 2. Press "NEW" and then enter the 15-digit Base ID code, located on the underside of the VT2656 base unit. 3. Press "OK". The handset will display "PLEASE WAIT!!". 4. Wait approximately 15 seconds. The handset will display "FOUND BASE". If the handset displays "BASE BUSY TRY LATER", this indicates that the system is in use. Wait until the base unit is in the idle (on hook) mode and repeat steps 2-4.
This feature is country dependent and may not appear in some countries. If you have subscribed to the voicemail service from your local service provider, icon turns on when you have a new message in your mailbox. After you have accessed to all the new messages, icon will turn off automatically. If you find that the message waiting indication cannot be turned off by the network, you can still turn off the message waiting indication with your phone by the following step :
In idle mode, if voice mail waiting icon is on, long press the redial key to turn off the voice mail waiting icon. Once you choose to delete the message waiting indication, all the other handsets registered to the same base station will turn off the message waiting indication accordingly.
The voice mail symbol is sent to your handset by the network when you get a voicemail, they then send the handset another message to remove the icon once you have listened to the voicemail... Sometimes an error occurs and the phone doesnt receive the removal message...
Try getting a friend or using another phone send yourself a voicemail, then using your phone, check your voicemails, listen to the one you have and delete it... The icon should go... However if its a hardware fault with the handset display then this will not fix it...
If you have a multi-handset system, you already have more than one handset registered to your base unit. You can register additional handsets to have up to five handsets per base unit, with each handset's number (1 to ) shown on its display. (Note: each handset 1. Press and hold <PAGE> on the base station for more than five seconds, to put the base station into registration mode. It will stay in registration mode To register a new handset to your base: for about 1 minute, so the following handset sequence must be completed with in this time. 2. Press <MENU> and <UP/DOWN> to select REGISTRATION. 3. Press <OK> and you are requested to enter the 4-digit system PIN. 4. Enter the 4-digit system PIN. 5. Press <OK> to confirm, and the display will show SEARCHING. If the handset registration is successful, you will hear a confirmation tone and the <antenna icon> will stop flashing. The handset will automatically be allocated the next available handset number. This handset number is shown in the handset display in standby mode. If the handset registration is unsuccessful, the <antenna icon> will still flash. I Used 0000 As the default pin when asked.
I had the same problem and my hubby managed to reset the phone by simply unplugging it from the electical network. Just wait for few minutes (the date goes back to 1 Jan 2005), then plug it again and try to dial a number. It should work.
IF YOUR HANDSET WAS WORKING AND THEN STOPPED WITH "UNREGISTERED": If lowercase unregistered is in main display and a reg. appears under the left soft key: Press the left soft key below REG. and then press and HOLD the button on the top of the base station until the two indicator lights on top of the base station turn off. Wait until handset signals with beeps and registered. You are done
THIS IS FOR FRESH OUT OF THE BOX REGISTRATION OF UNREGISTERED HANDSET Press REG Register shall be highlighted. Scroll to Register. Press Select. Enter the system PIN (Default: 0000). Use CLEAR to correct typing errors. Press ENTER to confirm. • Your handset starts searching for the base. Press and HOLD the round button on top of the base unit until the two indications turn off. • If registration is successful, the signal icon
See below for complete instructions but think you have missed out part 2......
Reregister the handset or add additional handsets.
1. Remove all handsets form charging or Main base unit. 2. On on Main base unit, press and hold Page button for 10 seconds until beep. ( Not paging beep )
3. On 'unregistered' handset press and hold Redial & Calls buttons ( Top left and top right ) until 'bs-' appears.
4. Enter handset number ( eg: bs-1 ) then the pin number( could be 0000 but check your manual ).