An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 7 tips or uploaded 3 video tips
Re: Laptop won't turn on
Anyway firstly check removing the battery and plug to a well functioning socket to power supply and test it yourself if it works and if it doesnt then post to me what happen after that and again does it brings light to know if it sees the battery at all if it sees the battery then try charging it for hours ok .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It looks like there is a short somewhere inside the laptop. Could be the mobo, or just about anything else connected to the power supply.
Try disconnecting the power connector on the mobo, then try plugging in the power plug and see if the light still goes out. If it does not go out, then the problem is the mobo. If not, then somewhere else. Try disconnecting the power from one component at a time to eliminate the various components. Also look for wires that are shorted together or connectors that are inserted improperly.
If thelaptop battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be worn out.Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles andwill lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% andgradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up at all. OR Thebattery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected the batterydrops off to zero capacity in a very short time. If the battery drops to anunacceptable charge level then the battery needs to be replaced.
You need to replace your old battery. Don't over charged your battery. If you are using your laptop in your house it is better not to use it with battery. Just use the power adaptor/supply only. Then make sure you will drain the battery let say once a week. =)
Ifthe laptop battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be wornout. Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cyclesand will lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% andgradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up atall.
ORThe battery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected thebattery drops off to zero capacity in a very short time.
Ifthe battery drops to an unacceptable charge level then the battery needs to bereplaced.
Karen, I am not familiar with this particular model but deal daily with this same issue on the Lenovo Thinkpads...it is the battery. They can just go bad. Had one yesterday that was fine the day before, now won't hold a charge. It was also less than two years old. They seem to have a shelf life. I would check with ACER to make sure they agree, then order a new battery.
To extend battery life, you need to use the battery up on a regular basis, then recharge all the way. Leaving it plugged in all the time with the battery in shortens battery life.
My first guess is that your laptop is over heating. Even with a fan underneath, if the bottom vent is clogged with dust, the CPU will still get too hot. Does your computer last longer when you run less programs? I would check for dust around the fan inside your laptop. There's a video on youtube showing an acer being disassembled:
Although it may not be your laptop specifically, hopefully it will head you in right direction. It would be a bad idea to blow the dust further back into your computer, so you may have to loosen some screws and buy a electronics duster from an office supply store, but it should solve the problem. I've ran into this a lot over the years, specifically with Acer and Dell computers. Hope this helps!
Is it possible that the cord came unplugged from the transformer itself instead of the printer or wall plug? A power outage shouldn't affect it, but a power surge can. Please use surge protection circuits on your computer equipment. It's so much cheaper than repairing or replacing them. Take it from someone who learned the hard way.... You can try a printer reset. Turn the printer off, unplug the power and data cables from the machine. Wait at least ten minutes to allow the printer cache to be purged.(Canon's recommendation) Then plug back in and turn on. I hope this works for you! Good luck!