An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: plantronics cs55 problem
Turn on the wireless headset as soon as the HL10 lifter picks up the headset. Remember to press the call answer switch. A steady green light should come on the base and the wireless headset should have a small green blinking light on, on its side.
* Make sure your hand receiver is off the hook when using the headset. Also check that you hear a dial tone on the handset/hand receiver before turning on the headset.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The ring from the telephone is picked up by the internal microphone on
the HL10 Handset Lifter, typically for most phones, the lifter sits
directly over the speaker grill on the telephone where the sound comes
out. For telephones that curve out on the left side and don't have a
straight edge, there is an accessory called a "Ring Detector" which is
used. Here's a link:
the internal mic on the lifter has gone out, you can plug the ring
detector into the handset lifter and just stick the ring detector over
the speaker grill to pick up the ring. Plugging this into the lifter
will bypass the internal mic, this accessory would have come with your
HL10 lifter. You can also check the ring volume on the telephone, and
you can also try adjusting the ring tone on the phone (sometimes it will
pick up one ring tone better than another). Here is a link below if
you need to order a new ring detector: HL10 Nortel Adapter Kit 63014-01
This works if you're using the HL10 handset lifter with your CS70. The
HL10 has a built-in microphone to pick up the vibrations from the
ringing of the phone speaker under the handset. The HL10 came with an
accessory package that has an extra round microphone on a cord to help
the lifter if the telephone speaker is located in an out-of-reach
location on the phone. You take that external microphone, plug it into a
jack on the back of the HL10 and let it hang free making sure it's not
resting on any surface. That should eliminate any ringing in your
This how I fixed it 1) set bottom mic to A 2) set dial on the side of CS55 to "Setting 1" most typical 3) set sound lever on the back to "1" 4) played with mic control on the back until quality became sufficient
NOTE: Before re-subscribing the system make sure the IntelliStand switch (on the right side of the charging base) is in the "_" position and NOT the "=" position. To Re-Subscribe:
The headset and the base unit are supplied subscribed to each other. However, if you wish to use a replacement headset with the base unit (or if you lose your connection to the base unit), then you must re-subscribe as follows:
1. Return the headset to the charging base.
2. Press and hold both the + and - buttons on the back of the charging base until the red light on the front of the base starts to flash.
3. Let go of both buttons. The red light should continue to flash.
4. Press the mute switch (black wheel on the top of the headset) straight down until a green light appears on the headset, then let go of the wheel, and the light should remain on the headset.
5. Resubscription is finished when the red light on the base is fully illuminated and the green light on the headset disappears.
6. Remove the headset from the charging base lift telephone handset/press headset button if not using a handset lifter. The headset and base should now be connected.
7. If this procedure does not resolve your issue to try a system reset.
If the Plantronics CS55 wireless headset shows that it is on, you have to make sure of the following things.
a. the green LED on the base turns on when you turn the call switch on from the headset. b. the small green LED on the side of the headset is blinking. c. the telephone headset is lifted from the cradle. d. if the headset is not charging and the Amber light on the base does not blink when you place wireless headset on it; trying placing the headset more firmly. e. If the headset is not charging and the Amber light on the base does not blink even after placing the wireless headset firmly on the charging cradle, you may need to change the battery.
Alternately you can try resetting the Plantronics CS55 wireless headset.
Reset Plantronics CS50, CS60 or CS55 Wireless Headset
If you have problems with the sound or connection of your Plantronics CS50, CS60 or CS55 wireless phone headset, you may want to try to hard reset it using the following steps:
Note: Ensure the IntelliStand switch (on the right side of the charging base) is in the - position and NOT the = position.
1. Press both the call control button and the listening volume/mute button for 5 seconds. When the indicator light blinks release both buttons.
2. Press the call control button again. The talk indicator light will again blink to indicate the headset is back to normal.
3. Disconnect the AC charger from the AC charging jack for 5 seconds.