JVC HR S8000U S-VHS VCR switch from stereo to mono during playing.
I got a JVC HR S8000U S-VHS VCR used to make transfers from pre-recorded VHS to DVD-R, it is working well but with somes VHS the sound is switching from stereo to mono during playing.It play well on mono if i press the AUDIO MONITOR button.I try to adjust the tracking but most of the time it didn't help. I have this problem with somes VHS who play flawlessly on a cheaper Sony stereo VCR. I try many used VCR over the years and had similar experiences. Thanks for yours advices.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow the instructions below to record from VHS to DVD. You may not be able to record from some pre-recorded VHS cassettes due to copyight protection embedded into the recording. You should stick some tape over the copy-protection tab on cassettes prior to recording if the tab has been removed. On some cassettes, there may be a slide switch which needs to be moved to the record/rec position. All pre-recorded cassettes will have the copy-protection tab removed.
1. Switch on the TV and DVD/VCR and select the correct input on the TV for the player. 2. Set the player for the recording direction, i.e. VCR to DVD . . .
- Press the SETUP key on the Toshiba remote to open the on-screen menu
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight GENERAL SETTING then press ENTER - Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight RECORDING then press ENTER
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight DUBBINGMODE then press ENTER
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight VCR > DVD then press ENTER - Press the SETUP key again to close the on-screen menu
3. Press VCR to select VCR mode. 4. Insert the cassette you wish to record and fast-forward or rewind it to the position where you want to start recording from. Allow at least 5 seconds extra if not starting the recording from the beginning of a cassette. 5. Press PLAY then press PAUSE immediately. 6. Press DVD to select DVD mode 7. Insert a blank DVD 8. Press the REC MODE button to select the recording mode (XP / SP / LP, etc) 9. Press the DUBBING key to start the recording.
You can watch the VCR while it's recording. When you reach the point where you want the recording to end, press the STOP key. You do not need to repeat step 2 every time you record. The player will stay in VCR > DVD recording mode unless you change it.
Hopefully, you will now be able to record from VCR to DVD. If you need further assistance, please let me know.
Had the same problem on my JVC vcr/dvd combo unit.
You need to turn off the timer function. I did this by making sure my remote was in the "VHS" mode...turn the swith from TV to the right (found on the remote in the upper left corner...an then hit the "vcr" button. Then point the remote at the VCR unit and hit the No. 4 button (timer turns off). Your unit should not have the red timer displayed and you should be able to play your tapes okay.