I have a cable coming from the wall, and when I hooked it up to my TV Panaconic 42'' viera Just bought the TV today. . the screen is black and keeps saying No signal.... what could the problem be? Just had...
You either set the options incorrectly when running the "First Time Setup" or you skipped the first time setup entirely. Even though the cable works with your older TV, you still need to setup your new TV correctly to receive the cable feed.
The quickest way to do this is run the setup manually from the menu as follows:
1. Turn the TV on
2. Press the "MENU" button on the remote
3. Use the DOWN arrow key to highlight "SETUP" (the arrows are the big ring button around "OK")
4. Press "OK" to enter the SETUP MENU
5. Use the DOWN arrow key to highlight "PROGRAM CHANNEL"
6. Press "OK" to enter the PROGRAM CHANNEL MENU
7. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrow key to ensure "CABLE" is highlighted
9. Use the DOWN arrow key to highlight "AUTO"
10. Press "OK" to enter the AUTO SCAN MENU
11. Highlight "ALL CHANNELS" using the UP/DOWN arrows
12. Press "OK" to start the AUTO SCAN
The scan may take several minutes to complete.
13. Highlight "APPLY" using the the LEFT/RIGHT arrow keys.
14. Press "OK" - all of the scanned channels will now be saved.
The TV should now return to viewing mode and you should be able to watch cable on your new TV. If the TV does not automatically exit the menu, simply press the "EXIT" key on the remote, next to the MENU button.
Please run through the above steps and if you are still unable to get the cable channels on your new TV, please post back for further assistance.