Question about Timex Ironman Triathlon 50-Lap Combo Dual Tech Watch #T5E381
The Timex Ironman manual and website says to take the watch to a repair facility. Nope! Do it yourself!
How to replace the battery in a Timex Ironman watch:
This is easier if you remove one of the rubbery wrist bands.
1. Take note of the position of the metal back cover. You'll need to reinstall it exactly as you see it in order to hear the alarm.
2. Remove the four screws that hold the metal back cover, and pry off the cover.
3. There is a round metal clip that holds the battery in place, covered with a transparent plastic cover which likely says, "Unlatch to remove battery". Within the center of each clip, there's a small opening just large enough for a straight pin to be inserted. A jewelers screwdrive won't work - use a straight pin. Insert a straight pin into the tiny opening at the edge of the clip, and wiggle it. The clip should release. You'll only need to unlatch one side of the battery retaining ring.
4. Gently pry up the batter retaining clip, then pry up the battery. Insert new battery.
5. Replace the clip.
6. Insert a flat blade screwdriver into a slot which has two "electrodes" or pins - they need to be shorted with the screwdriver to reset the watch. Just touch the screwdriver blade across the two pins to short it.
7. Reinstall the back cover but be sure to position the cover so the alarm sounding place ( a small disc attached to the inside back cover) will reside over the sounding spring.
8. Insert screws.
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
It could have 2 batteries! 1.5 volt for analog and lithium for digital! Take it to a reputable watch repair business and let them check! :-)
Posted on Jan 09, 2010
Click on my profile (escapement), then click on Tips and Tricks. There you will find link to all TIMEX watch manuals.Rate me, please.
Posted on Mar 28, 2010
SOURCE: replacement watch band web site?
mcdevito75 here, Timex.com should help. Also look for a small watch repair shop in your area for a replacement strap, and they may even have faster accesss to Timex.
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
There are two ways to find the user manual for your Timex watch.
1. Find your watch on the list below and click on the language link for your manual.
2. Find the 3-digit module number located on the caseback of most Timex products and click on the corresponding language link for that number in the Module Table at the bottom of the page.
Feb 13, 2011 | Ironman New! Timex Gps Speed and Distance...
Jan 18, 2011 | Timex Ironman T56371 Wrist Watch
Nov 20, 2010 | Timex Ironman Triathlon Solar Watch T5G691
Nov 10, 2010 | Timex Ironman 30 Lap 53952 Wrist Watch
Sep 01, 2010 | Timex Ironman Triathlon 50 Lap Digital...
May 13, 2010 | Timex 24101 Wrist Watch
Apr 29, 2010 | Timex Ironman Triathlon 50 Lap Digital...
Jan 20, 2010 | Timex Ironman Triathlon Sleek 50 Lap 5G301...
Jan 12, 2009 | Timex Ironman Triathlon 50 Lap Digital...
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: