The blinking light means the controller
QA01 in the AV_TERM system board is booting and driving the TIMER/REC RED LED light accordingly. This failure mode is true for many conditions, not exclusively
for the main PS board PE0071. It could be caused by many things, LOW B, SEINE, AV_TERM, LCD, PROTECT, etc.
Specifically for PE0071+12VDC circuit failure, which is the most common , listen for the LINE relays SR80, SR81 coming online
. If several (3) or more clicks are present when applying power to the TV set then suspect the +12, 20, +32 VDC
inverter is faulty.
As a quick check, you can disconnect P807B. If the relays cycle every 1-2 seconds then is most definitely the +12VDC inverter. Check for voltage level at optocoupler Q881 pin 4 and this should not be cycling. This point is the VCC for the oscillator. Repair or replace board 75002913 as necessary.
TROUBLESHOOTING: (this is my own, not the OEM
!, try at your own risk!)
- Check for LINE1 input voltage level at inverter on sheet .
- Check for LINE2 input voltage level at inverter on sheet .
- Check for STBY +5VDC & +25 VDC ( observe correct GND REF) page of PE0071 POWER
- Check for +22 VDC out of regulator on page  out of Q822 Emitter
- Check P809B connector for :
- P809B (12) POWER = 3.00 VDC (+/-0.2)
- P809B (11) POWER_SIG = 0.00 VDC (HIGH to Power on TV)
- P809B (10) PROTECT = 0.00 VDC
- P809B (9) ACDETECT = 3.00 VDC (+/-0.2)
- Check for PFC_OUT = 368-371 VDC
- Check for +12, +20 & +32 VDC inverter page  of schematic manual.
For +12 VDC
Inverter, suspect components:
Q880 STR-W6765 PSR (works really hot!!)
D884A and related switching circuit components.