How to exchange the ETB unit (belt) on a HP Colorlaserjet 2600n?
To replace the ETB Belt.. follow this step..but it would be easier if I can show u the diagram.. I will figure a way to upload. but let see if u understand here...
ETB removal and replacement
Use the following procedure to remove the ETB (RM1–1881–000CN).
1. Remove or slightly pull out Tray 2 (RM1–1916–000CN).
2. Remove three (3) screws, two (2) from the right cover assembly and one (1) from the left cover
3. Open the front door.
4. Remove the right cover (RM1–1858–000CN), carefully twisting the front edges of the side covers
outward to remove.
NOTE : To make the removal of the right cover assembly easier, release the tab on the
inside of the cover.
5. Remove the left cover.
6. Squeeze the white link lever on the left side.
7. Remove the screw on the right white plastic catch, and then remove the plastic catch.
8. Close the ETB.
9. Remove the small black cable cover (RC1–5147–000CN) on the left side of the printer by
carefully snapping it out of place.
10. Remove one (1) grounding screw from the ETB harness.
11. Pull out the white wire holder by pushing it up.
12. Pull out the ETB connector.
13. Remove one (1) screw from each hinge cam on both sides.
14. Using needle-nose pliers, remove the hinge left cam (RC1–4249–000CN) and the right hinge
15. Remove the ETB.
Use the following procedure to replace the ETB.
1. Align each foot of the ETB with the respective holes, securing the right side first, and then the left
2. Complete replacement by following steps 1 through 14 above in reverse order.
NOTE : When replacing the right cover, align the tabs on the upper edge of the right cover
and lower edge of the face-down cover with their respective slots.