Question about Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer
Here is the Error: "Unable to Clean" (code 46) solution: If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response Thanks, Joe
The machine counts all purge (cleaning) operations in order to prevent the internal ink absorber box from overflowing with purged ink. An "initial purge", for example, advances the purge counter by 187 + 420 = 607. When the purge counter approaches 6400, an internal "Machine Error 46" is generated. Further purge operations are prohibited, and therefore the printer becomes unuseable.
The proper reset code sequence to reset DCP printers without numeric keypad should be as follows:
1. press buttons Set, Menu, Mono Start one by one, followed by up arrow key four times. this should all be done as short a time as possible, around 3 seconds.
2. enter maintenance mode 80 by pressing the up/down arrow key and set key to select numbers 8 and 0
3. press up arrow key several times to get to the Purge item
4. enter 2, 7, 8 and 3 using arrow/set keys to reset the counter
5. press Stop/Exit key to go to root of maintenance mode
6. enter 9,9 to exit maintenance mode
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/joe_8b8c2cd6ce148309
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Posted on Feb 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 12, 2012 | Brother Ink for Dcp-6690cw and Lc-1100
Dec 03, 2010 | Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 16, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Dec 11, 2009 | Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 24, 2009 | Brother DCP-340CW All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 24, 2009 | Brother DCP-330C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 27, 2008 | Brother DCP 130C All-In-One InkJet Printer
658 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: