Question about Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

My son has an edu science telescope, bought from toy's R us, he seems to have lost the instructions and broken the tripod, much to my annoyance a the sky is clear tonight! Any way i was wondering where i could get a tripod from and instructions as he has quite a few lenses. hope someone can help. :-)

Posted by madhouse2000 on


1 Answer

Joe Lalumia aka TelescopeMan

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,186 Answers

Any photo tripod would work if you can attach the tube. Toys R us do not provide any instruction manual, and they do not sell parts.

We receive the most complaints on this brand. It is really a TOY telescope. Sorry.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where can I find an instruction manual for edu science land and sky 360 (50mm refractor) telecope?

Check the manufacture. If you didn't have it too long take it back to T...R...US and go elsewhere and by a good scope.

Aug 31, 2014 | Edu-Science Edu Science 50mm Telescope...

1 Answer

Edu Science Telescope Tripod not holding it up

Sorry but it is a toy not a telescope. Will only get you frustrated with astronomy!

Dec 27, 2012 | Optics

1 Answer

We have lost the lense I'd like to order a new one

You have to measure the opening of the focuser. It is either .965 or 1.25 inches in diameter. Maximum magnification is less than 100x (50x per inch of aperture 50mm= 1.96 inch) This would be true for a real telescope.
Note: this is a toy NOT a telescope. It will only frustrate you and turn you off from astronomy.
You are better off throwing this out and get a good basic scope from Meade,Celestron, Orion or Skywatcher.

Oct 29, 2012 | Edu-Science EDU Science TS007 Astrolon...

2 Answers

Broken tripod for edu science telescope

You can buy a photo tripod and attach the tube to the tripod. You may need to visit a local hardware store to find the correct mounting bolts.

That scope is sold by Toys R Us -- as far as I know they DO NOT sell replacement parts.


Sep 26, 2011 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I have just bought a second hand Star Tracker.There seems to be a broken part which clips on the tripod,which is missing.No instructions and I would like some advice or should I bin it?

This scope is sold by Toys R Us, we receive more complaints on this brand than any other! No parts are available and no manuals exist for this "toy" telescope.

Junk it and buy from a retailer like Orion-- for example.

Jun 24, 2011 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

Hello..... my son's telescope broke at the base where the tripod legs connect. We bought it at Toys R Us about 14 months ago. The model is Astro-Gazer 70. Is there a place to get a replacement base?

No sorry. This is just about the worst telescope you can buy. We get more complaints on that brand than just about any other. You might find something at a well stocks hardware store that you can use to fix it???

But why even try to fix it. Buy your son this telescope instead.

and read this web site and my TIPS on my profile page.

Jun 09, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

One leg broken on the edu science stargazer telescope. where can i buy a replacement tripod??

Replacement tripods will cost MORE than your telescope!

Here look:

Sep 23, 2009 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

Not finding what you are looking for?
Edu-Science (10166) Telescope Logo

251 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Edu-Science Optics Experts

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

60426 Answers

Tony Parsons
Tony Parsons

Level 3 Expert

6282 Answers

Are you an Edu-Science Optic Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides