Question about Reddy Heater-30-55,000 BTU Variable
Posted by Anonymous on
The safety is turning it off because it is not lighting. You did not mention if it was actually trying to light, or if it was just the motor running. If it is not lighting, take the top cover off and watch the ignitor. Depending on the type of ignitor, it will either glow or spark when you plug the heater in. This should happen before the fan starts running. Once the fan starts, you should be able to see a mist of fuel coming out of the nozzle. If there is no fuel spray you may have an air pump problem, which is on the back of the motor, or the fuel screen in the tank may be plugged.
1. Check for ignition source
2. Blower motor should start, if you have ignition
3. Fuel should spray out of nozzle, if not check filter and check for air flow out of the pump.
4. If you do not have any air flow, or not enough air flow check the pump. Pressure out is critical.
5. If pressure is too low check for leaks around the pump. Spray soapy water on the back side of the motor/pump housing. The plastic pump cover is bad about cracking, and the cracks are very hard to see. The plastic cover could also be loose on the pump.
6. While on this end of the pump; the filters need to be clean, as they will affect the pump pressure and upset the whole apple cart.
Posted on Jan 18, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2014 | Heating & Cooling
Oct 25, 2017 | Heating & Cooling
May 19, 2017 | All-Pro Kerosene Garage Shop Heaters - All...
Feb 27, 2011 | Master Heaters B155DST
Nov 06, 2010 | Reddy Heater-170,000 BTU Kerosene Deluxe
Jan 02, 2010 | Reddy HEATER R115 115,000-BTU PORTABLE...
Dec 26, 2008 | All-Pro Kerosene Garage Shop Heaters - All...
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: