RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television Logo

Question about RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

Power convergence board on RCA HD52W59

Hi, I was reading your response. My TV was hit during a storm and now the TV has a 3-d effect and it has several colors like Green, pink, blue. and all writing has a mirror effect. I was told it is the power convergence board. Can you help as to where to buy one and how to install it.

Posted by renning on

1 Answer


  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,139 Answers

Hello renning,

You may not have to buy a new board. It just might be the Convergence Amplifiers that have gone bad. You may just want to replace them first and then see if it corrects your problem before getting the whole board. The convergence amplifiers are easily identified they are tow big black modules attached to a big metal frame called a heat sync, normally it will be located on the right rear section of the TV set looking at it from the back or it would be located in the middle rear of the set looking at it from the rear. In any even look for two big six sided black components with 21-22 pins, now this is the important parts some electronics parts stores sell what are called Convergence Kits (Yes this problem is so common that they have put kits together to repair this issue), they contain the two modules and the biasing resistors needed to properly do the job. You will have to order the kit for your make and model of TV if they do not have a kit, you will have to use a schematic diagram to find the values of the biasing resistors needed. Once you have the modules and the biasing resistors, you will have to de-solder the modules and the associated resistors and replace them with the ones you purchased. You will also need to detach the modules from the heat sink clean the heat sink (with alcohol) and then attach the new modules (with a new application of heat sink paste, which is the white stuff the you removed with the alcohol) with the screws you removed to detach the modules. Once the modules and biasing resistors are installed you will need to turn on the TV and then perform a convergence setup, your TV most likely will have an auto convergence alignment setup feature on the setup menu , use this to do the convergence alignment setup (check your users manual for help in doing this). The cost for this repair will be as follows:

2 STK392-1XX series Convergence Amplifiers $4.00-$15.00 USD Total $8.00 - $30.00 USD

9-10 biasing resistors $5.00-$10.00 USD (multipack) $15.00 USD

Solder $5.00 USD

Soldering Iron $20.00 USD

Silicone Heat sink paste $6.00 USD

de-soldering brade $5.00

The cost of materials will be about $81.00 on the high end.

The cost of a new board will be about $150.00 - $200.00 depending on the vendor.

You can buy replacement boards from a manufacture approved vendor outlet, go to the manufacture's site find support and parts they should have a listing of supported vendors. I would suggest calling the vendor and ordering from the phone asking them to send you an RMA for the part (board) this protect you from having them asses charges without delivery of product.

You will need the schematic diagram to help you install it schematics can be purchased at http://www.servicemanuals.net
for about $19.00 USD.

I hope this helps,

Thank you,


Posted on Jul 19, 2008

Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:


My rca hd52w59 tv looks like its in 3-d. auto covegnence used to solve the problem most of the time but now it does nothing. pic is constantly looks like 3-d now. the colors r all not right. i get it close...


Thanks for using FixYa. You’ll need to change the convergence chips which are located behind the black heat sink; you can see once you open the back off the TV. You can buy the convergence chips from this link; also if you want you can buy repair kit which comes with complete installation and parts. Please do rate the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.


RCA HD52W59 TV Convergence problem

it is not to bad if Convergence are not moveing by the flyback
you see 3 fuse look like litte box in a row hit
tham, if the led in front of tv blink more then one your fly back is bad to,as you look at the board look at the cap.s on your board you see a cap,it a bout to blow. hope this help you out.

RCA 52" Convergence Problem

Replace the convergence power supply. You can get the ITC222A convergence power supply board at the following link under RCA circuit boards.

I can not find the auto comvergence in my menu

If you do not have convengence when you go to menu then set up convergence should be there.OPEN FUSE FL231 it is on the deflection board Right next the FBT flyback transfomer there are 3 rectangular brown looking caps they are FUSEs the one in the Middle will be open causing convergence failure .They will be on right side of FBT.

I have an RCA HD52w59 with a convergence problem. I've been told different things on this site. First I was told to change FL231, CL230, and DL231. I've also been told to replace both IC's (STK392-110)...

Your set doesnt have STK ICs. If the convergence adjustment option has disappeared from the on screen menu, then replace FL231, DL231 and CL230 If the adjustment option hasnt disappeared from the menu then you need to check the resistors on the convergence power supply board some of those will be open. The actual convergence Board will usually not develope problems just the Convergence power supply if the convergence adjustment option is still in the on screen menu.

RCA HD52W59 Crooked Convergence

Convergence power supply needs to be rebuilt as its no longer available new. You can get the board rebuilt at the following link and its fully guaranteed.

Big Screen problem

What did you put in. convergence amp or convergence power. this is a rca hd52w59? i always ask the question in customer menu under setup can you see the option of convergence. if not this is the fl231 fuse problem. consult the article fl231 under tips and tricks section of my profile. the curved picture is an indication complete loss of convergence power. there is a board that does provide convergece power. The convergence on this set is controled by three diffrent boards. power,amp and the small signal board. the small signal board is the most expensive and most complicated to replace ussally a tech has to replace that.

Rca projection tv

this is a indication of convergence problem. the curved picture indicates total or a complete loss of convergence power. I first recomend you read the artilce in tips in tricks section. the fl231 problem it might be this if you do not have the convergence options in setup of customer menu. if not it might be a convergence power board issue

HD52W59 Convergence Power Supply

you can get the replacement ITC222 convergence power supply board at the following link. They have one at promotional sale price this week also under the sale items category.
Not finding what you are looking for?


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76851 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2351 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6611 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides