Question about SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
I did as per your solution posted by you on jul05.2008. But still iam not able to rectify this error.In the 7th step, while click the Update button after performing all the six steps, the message OK popup, but if i click OK the firmware is failed to update. I have checked the player for system info, it shows the firmware version 2.0.007A. If you have this firmware please send or provide any other alternate solution.
SOURCE: Sansa c140 SanDisk
I had the same problem, first on the mp3 player under settings change the USB setting to MSC. Then plug the mp3 player back into the computer. Open the My Computer icon, right click on the SANSA C140 icon and click format. Make sure it's Fat32 and Quick Format is Not selected. Then click format. This will take a few minutes. When it's done your mp3 player will be just like a usb drive; you're files will be read normally.
* if it's a voice recording you're trying to find, look under music and scroll down to Recordings. If it's not there then perform the above format.
Also it only reads mp3s and pictures (gifs, jpgs). Unfortunately the c140 doesn't play videos :(
Posted on Dec 23, 2007
SOURCE: sansa c140 is not starting.
Download this file:
This is the firmware update utility for Sanca c140 (c100 series) devices.
There is a howto.txt file included, follow the instructions.I am posting the instructions here for convenience.
1. Download the attached file and save it on the desktop.
(the player should not be attached to the computer at this point)
2. Double click the file to run it.
3. Accept the license agreement.
4. Remove the battery from the mp3 player.
5. Press and hold the center (select) button and connect it to the computer (keep holding the button, this is the firmware update mode).
6. If the New Hardware Wizard appears (now you can let go of the select button), do the following: (if asked, choose not to connect to the internet for updates), then choose to install the device automatically, then follow the prompts to finish the installation.
7. When the wizard comes up, or when the Update button becomes active (whichever happens first), you may release the select button.
8. Click the Update button, and then click OK to the message that comes up.
9. Wait until the upgrade finishes, then unplug the device.
10. Put the battery back in, and turn on the player.
11. Hopefully the update will be performed, then choose English for the language when prompted.
12. Check if the issue is resolved.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2010 | Nokia 3110 Cellular Phone
Oct 26, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Aug 13, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Jun 18, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Dec 25, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Apr 26, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Jan 08, 2018 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: