Question about Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/ Scanner
Try a new USB cable. Scanners require bidirectional communication with the computer and thus can fail when printer itself works. (If you use a print server or USB hub, try a direct connection.) Also try changing USB ports.
Another thing to try is to remove the TWAIN driver and reinstall it. This requires the original software CD from Kodak.
1. From your computer desktop, click Start > Run. (In Windows 7, type run in the search box then click on Run.)
2. Type %windir%, then click OK.
3. Double-click twain_32.
4. Right-click Kodak, then select Delete.
5. Insert the KODAK All-in-One Printer Software CD into the appropriate drive, then go to D: > printer > scanner.
NOTE: The CD is indicated by D: above. The CD drive may be a different letter on your computer.
6. Double-click aioscannr.msi, then follow the instructions to remove it.
7. Go to D: > printer > scanner, then double-click aioscannr.msi, and follow the instructions to install the file.
8. Open Home Center Software:
a. Select Scan Documents and Pictures.
b. Scan a document.
Unfortunately, if the error persists, the scanner may need service. Contact Kodak: http://www.kodak.com/go/contact .
I hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: