Question about Connex CX-4300HP CB Radio

1 Answer

I just installed my radio, when i talk for a extended period of time the bottom of the radio gets hot and my wipers come on,

Posted by bobbyprince on

Ad

1 Answer

wcrave

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 19 Answers

Your radio has a high power output transistor and it is attached the the rear frame of the radio. This produces the heat you feel after a long keying session. The problem with the wipers is caused by RF getting into the vehicle's computer. All sorts of wierd things can happen. Check with your car dealer. He may have a factory solution. Make sure your SWR is good.

....Don at NTCB, Inc.

Posted on Jun 29, 2011

Ad

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Radio will not stay charged


It sounds to me that you have a defective battery. This can happen if a radio is left on charge or left uncharged for an extended period of time. I could be wrong but this is the most likely cause, especially if the battery is not a lithium one. They have this problem as well from time to time.

Dec 12, 2017 | Midland Radio Communications

1 Answer

How is 2001 Mustang GT parasitic draw on battery related somehow to FU 27 and FU39? Battery drains overnight but I cannot narrow down a faulty component.


Allfordmustangs.com has an article if you Web search your car with fuse 27 and 32 as part of the search. It blames the GEM as part of the problem(wiper) and also points out that the radio has several power feeds. Fuse 27 is hot all the time, but fuse 32 is only hot in ACC or Run. So as long as you can test fuse 32 to be hot in only Acc or Run, it should not drain the battery in Off position. You might want to test the ignition switch to verify it is really turned off.

The all mustangs article had different symptoms, as you did not indicate whether the fuses popped.

The wiper motor is suppose to derail and turn off. If you can unplug the wiper motor overnight and the battery stays up, you would know that it is either the wiper motor or wiper control. The radio is on the other fuse circuit. But whether the radio can drain a battery in a short time, you need to measure draw, but if the fuse pops, the battery should stay up. Again, disconnecting a circuit like a radio, and then having the battery stay up, would point to the radio circuit being at fault.

Oct 14, 2014 | 2001 Ford Mustang GT

1 Answer

I'am having some problems with vxa-100 getting verry hot


The walkie talkie is the heat sink. So on extended talk times, it will get hot. So will the battery. If you run full power, it is only worse. That said, some batteries will become abnormally hot with use. Usually OEM batteries are higher quality cells and seem to get a little less hot. Never buy the cheapest battery for a handheld radio. Some are pure junk.

Mar 25, 2013 | Vertex FNB-33, YAESU,FT-11R,FT-41R,FT-51R,...

1 Answer

My xm express radio screen light keeps flashing on and off


Receivers can lose a backlight for a number of reasons. It could be a failing power source, or it could be a loose connection between the dock and the receiver. I would say that more often than not, it is simply the backlight going out. TSS Radio has a repair guy who can fix this issue in most cases. You just need to send an email to [email protected] Although, with an Xpress, it may not be worth it as you can replace the whole kit and the radio for just $14.99 here: http://www.tss-radio.com/products/xm-xpressez-receiver-and-car-kit

Jul 04, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Windshield wiper 1989 f150


YOU ARE NOT USING TO MUCH POWER. YOU HAVE A SHORT SOMEWHERE IN THE SYSTEM OR SOMEONE PRIOR TO YOU WIRED THE RADIO INTO A POWER LINE THAT WAS INCORRECT. FOR EXAMPLE- SOMEONE INSTALLED AN AFTERMARKET STEREO AND DIDN'T QUITE KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING AND GRABBED THE FIRST HOT WIRE THY COULD TAP INTO FOR POWER TO THE RADIO. RUNS THE WIRES OUT TO THE RADIO. THE RADIO SHOULD RUN BACK TO T THE FUSE BLOCK ON THE POWER SIDE.

Nov 12, 2011 | 1989 Ford F 150

1 Answer

W LAN switch is not functioning properly


sometimes when the computer is too hot most wlan swithches on laptops start jumpin on and off....if your on for an extended period of time....think about getting a cooling pad....$20 at radio shack

Mar 13, 2010 | Sony VAIO VGN-S460 Notebook

1 Answer

1996 Mazda B4000 SE 4WD: Wipers and radio don't work in cold temp


weird one this but not uncommon ,radio supply from ignition circuit and the wipers must be coming into fuse board down same wire ,look under bonnet around the battery area for some big fuses ,remove these one at a time to find the fuse controlling these items then replace the fuse and make sure the wiring to the fuse holder is clean and free from corrosion

Jan 02, 2010 | 1996 Mazda Pickup

2 Answers

Clicking, buzzing, compressor too hot, thawed out


Sounds like the compressor is in thermal overload. Let it cool down completely and meter the starting amperage on start to run. The compressor could be seized or it's windings could be shorted to ground (checking the resistance between the windings terminals on the compressor while unplugged will determine this.).

Jul 14, 2009 | Amana Easy Reach AFD2535DE Bottom Freezer...

2 Answers

Treo 750 p


Personally 10 to 15 minutes is not normal, I have had my 755p battery get hot after a couple of hours of straight talking, but not right away.

I would just take it back where you got it and tell them the problem that you are having and get another Treo. I have owned all of the Treo's ever made and they make great phones.

It does take some getting used to but the pros vs the cons of owning a Treo are much greater. Blackberry has come along way with their phones and if you are used to the Blackberry then the Treo just might not be the phone for you.

To get back to your question if the phone getting hot is normal, no, but it will happen from time to time when talking on the phone for long periods of time.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

Jun 20, 2008 | Palm Treo 755p Smartphone

1 Answer

Overheat/battery drain


Hello dogwillhunt,

It is normal for a two-way radio to generate some heat, especially during extended periods of long talk time. Consumer two-way radios tend to be much more susceptible to this because they tend to be constructed out of materials that do not dissipate heat very efficiently, such as polycarbonate and plastic. Periods of heavy transmit times also use additional power, causing the radio’s batteries to run down more quickly and require replacement or recharge. Use of the display backlight feature can generate additional heat and run the unit out of battery power even more quickly.

If the radio is heating up excessively and burning through batteries (pardon the pun) in situations where you are not using the LCD backlight excessively or transmitting for long periods of time, this may be indicative of a problem with the unit that would require service, such as a short or defective component. If such is the case, I would recommend contacting the manufacturer.

Agent Ken
Go Ahead. Use Us

Apr 07, 2008 | Garmin Rino 120 2-Way Radio

Not finding what you are looking for?
Connex CX-4300HP CB Radio Logo

Related Topics:

71 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Connex Radio Communications Experts

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

18455 Answers

Tony Raia

Level 2 Expert

264 Answers

Marvin
Marvin

Level 3 Expert

85239 Answers

Are you a Connex Radio Communication Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...