How do I down load to an external drive and not the main computer
1. If you have copied a particular game's folder to the external drive, go to Start menu > Programs.
2. Right click on the file name of the game.
3. Click on "Properties"
4. Go to "shortcut" page and change the "Target" path directing the EXE file to the folder in the external drive where you have copy-pasted the your game.
5. Click on "Apply" and "OK".
6. Now, try to start the game, and you should be able to play.
An alternate solution is given below.
In both the cases (internet game / purchased games):-
1. First plug in the external hard drive to your computer.
2. You will have to run the installation file of the game (both purchased and internet download) and select the folder path directing it to the external hard drive.
3. For some games, you may have to uninstall the existing game first to re-install and select the desire folder path (external drive).
4. Games will be installed in external drive and also available in start menu > programs > "your game".
Happy gaming! :)
May 13, 2010 |
Computers & Internet