- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes. You need to install the RDP client software which can be downloaded from Microsoft.
Procedure to install the RDP client on a MobilePro 880:
Note: Steps 1 and 2 need to completed if you have not installed the Service Pack One for MobilePro 780 and 880.
1. Perform a "Hard" reset on the MobilePro 880.
2. Install NEC Service Pack 1: http://support.neccomp.com/kbtools/faq/mobilepro/mp1.asp
3. Make sure the Device Name is set to something other than "Handheld PC".
1. Start-Setting-Control Panel-Communications
2. Change Device Name to a Unique Name that is not currently being used on your
4. Establish a Partnership with a Host using active sync.
5. Disconnect the MobilePro from the host.
6. Install "hpcrdp.exe" on your host. It can be down loaded from Microsoft:
1. Go to http://www.microsoft.com
2. Select "Search microsoft.com" under the Search tab.
3. Type "hpcrdp" in the search box and depress Enter.
4. Look for the search results titled "Terminal Server Download for Windows CE".
5. Double click on the article and follow the link and at bottom of the Terminal Server License agreement you will find the link to bring down the RDP client.
7. Establish an Active Sync connection between the host and MobilePro 880.
8. The RDP client software will be installed on the Mobile device.
9. Install a NE2000 NIC (or any NIC that you have the MIPS CE drivers for) into the Mobile Pro 880.
10. Set up network and attach to your existing network.
11. Set up a RDP session:
1. Start-Programs-TerminalServerClient-Client Connection Wizard
2. Enter Description connection.
3. Server Name or IP address.
5. Enter user name, password and domain if you want to logon automatically.
If your terminal server is set up correctly you should be able to connect as a Client.