First, make sure the wireless is on and working. You may require the Appslib update.
The following will guide you through Installing the Windows software, Kryos USB drivers, and updating your Appslib:
- Download and install The Java Development Kit 6 here: https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/[email protected]_Developer
- Download and unzip the android-sdk-r07-windows.zip file to the C: drive on your computer: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
- Go to the android-sdk-windows folder that you unzipped
- Launch SDKManager.exe
- Under choose which package to install, click accept all. As a part of what it is downloading, it will download the Android USB drivers. This part will probably take like 30 minutes or more to complete.
- Once the download is done, close the SDK Manager.
- You should now see a folder called usb_driver. Open that folder.
- You will see a file called android_winusb.inf. Replace that file with the one downloaded here: http://rapidshare.com/files/435451166/android_winusb.inf
- Plug in your Kyros device. Windows will still not find
the driver for the device, but go into the Device manager, and select
AndroidEclair, and update driver, browse my computer, let me pick from a
list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click "Have Disk" and browse to the c:\android-sdk-windows\usb_driver folder. Double click on android_winusb.inf.
- Select Android ADB Interface.
- It will then come up with some messages about this is
unsigned or something, are you sure you want to do this, click yes or
- Then it will install the driver and detect the kyros.
- Download appslib_2.apk here: http://files.appslib.com/apps/marketplace/v2/Appslib_2.apk
- Make sure you have external SD card (optional)
- Make sure your wireless is setup, on, and works.
- Under Settings (press the M button on the home screen to access settings)
- Select Applications, and make sure Unknown Sources is checked.
- On the Force prompt, select wait.
- If step 19 doesn't work you have 3 choices: A: call their customer service B: return to the home screen or C: Go to step 21
- Get the Droid Explorer for your Windows PC
- Make sure your KYROS is connected to the PC and launch DROID Explorer.
- Now you can uninstall apps or install apps.
- You need to download Appslib_2.apk, if you haven't already, click here and download the file to your PC.
- Uninstall the old Appslib before you install the new version Applib2.
- Transfer the Appslib_2.apk file to the [DOWNLOAD] folder on your device. Unplug your device.
- Open the File Manager on your tablet, go into the Download folder, and
tap twice on the Appslib_2.apk file that you will find there to start
- Follow the on-screen instruction to install this newer version of the Appslib applications.
- At the end of the installation, select: "Open".
If you have an app that won't install correctly or is not working at all, you could try and download the Appslib update or upgrade here: http://www.cobyusa.com/?p=prod&prod_num_id=10498&pcat_id=1013
An alternative to the Appslib is Andexplorer, available here: http://www.lysesoft.com/products/andexplorer/index.html#download
I’m happy to help further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/jeremy_69f3cc28d95bf514