Question about Belkin Wireless Surf Router (F7D2301)
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Lets we disable your IPV6 to IP V4 only .
Do you know how to disable IPv6 in Windows Vista? Do you know it's enabled by default? It's pretty simple actually! As I know some might even want to uninstall IPv6, but you won't be able to do it as this is built-in feature in Vista kernel. Although IPv6 is developed with better security and aimed to overcome the shortage of IPv4 addresses, but there are several reasons why people still wish to disable this feature:
- Totally not going to use this IPv6 feature as it's not that popular yet and don't know how to use it
- Disabling this IPv6 feature can conserve Windows' CPU and memory resources
- Better network performance with disabled IPv6 feature
Somehow there are still some disadvantages for disabling this IPv6 feature: you will not be able to use Windows Meeting Space or any application that relies on the Windows Peer-to-Peer Networking platform or the Teredo transition technology. If you are not going to be affected by those disadvantages, let's proceed to do it:
1) Go to Start and right click on Network and then click Properties.
2) Network and Sharing Center window will appear, after that click Manage network connections.
3) Network Connections window will appears. Here you can right click on the network card that you wish to disawhen my computer wakes up it sometimes gives me an - network-card-properties.jpgrties.
4) In the Local Area Connection Properties window, untick Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click OK.
Note: This method disables IPv6 on your LAN interfaces and connections, but does not disable IPv6 on tunnel interfaces or the IPv6 loopback interface. You need to make change in Windows registry in order to disable the IPv6 on tunnel interface. You when my computer wakes up it sometimes gives me an - disable-ipv6-in-vista.jpgel like working with Windows registry. If not, proceed with Step 5.
5) Type regedit in command prompt in order to launch registry editor.
6) Registry editor will appear, proceed to locate following registry item:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponentswhen my computer wakes up it sometimes gives me an - create-dword-in-vista-registry.jpgsabledComponents item is unavailable, you must create it:
a) In the Edit menu, go to Nwhen my computer wakes up it sometimes gives me an - disabledcomponents-ipv6.jpgWORD (32-bit) Value.
b) Type DisabledComponents, and then press ENTER.
7) Double-click DisabledComponents, set the value as 0xffffffff (hexadecimal value) (just type ffffffff) to disable IPv6 on LAN interfaces, connections, and tunnel interfaces except the IPv6 loopback interface, finally click OK.
8) You must restart the computer for this registry value to take effect.
Posted on Dec 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2013 | Belkin F5D8236-4 Router
May 11, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 7750DN Laser Printer
Apr 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 07, 2009 | Averatec 6200H Notebook
Jul 20, 2009 | Dell Latitude D400 Notebook
Apr 22, 2007 | HP Pavilion dv8000z Notebook
818 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!