The closed door doesn't always hit the limit switches
I strongly suggest that you do not attempt to adjust the hinges.
The door switch mounts are either cracked or need to be adjusted.
mount trouble is usually caused by slamming the door.
This may be a little more info that you need and it's from a Sharp service manual, but the general principles apply:
1. Disconnect the power supply cord, and then remove outer case.
2. Open the door and block it open.
3. Discharge high voltage capacitor.
If the door sensing switch, secondary interlock switch and monitor switch do not operate properly due to a misadjustment, the following adjustment should be made.
4. Loosen the two (2) screws holding latch hook to the oven cavity front flange.
5. With door closed, adjust latch hook by moving it back and forth, and up and down. In and out play of the door allowed by the upper and lower position of the latch hook should be less than 0.5mm. The vertical position of the latch hook should be adjusted so that the door sensing switch
and secondary interlock switch are activated with the door closed. The horizontal position of the latch hook should be adjusted so that the plunger of the monitor switch is pressed with the door closed.
6. Secure the screws with washers firmly.
7. Check the operation of all switches. If each switch has not activated with the door closed, loosen screw and adjust the latch hook position.
After adjustment, check the following.
1. In and out play of door remains less than 0.5mm when in the latched position. First check upper position of latch hook, pushing and pulling upper portion of door toward the oven face. Then check lower portion of the latch Figure C-3. Latch Switch Adjustments hook, pushing and pulling upper portion of door toward the oven face. Both results (play in the door) should be less than 0.5mm.
2. The door sensing switch and secondary interlock switch interrupt the circuit before the door can be opened.
3. Monitor switch contacts close when door is opened.
4. Re-install outer case and check for microwave leakage around door with an approved microwave survey meter.
happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your
thoughtful rating of our answer.
Dec 05, 2008 |
Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven