Question about HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
To replace the print cartridges
1. Make sure the HP All-in-One is on.
CAUTION: If the HP All-in-One is off when you open the print cartridge door to
access the print cartridges, the HP All-in-One will not release the cartridges for
changing. You might damage the HP All-in-One if the print cartridges are not
docked safely when you try to remove them.
2. Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
3. Open the print cartridge door.
The print carriage moves to the far right side of the HP All-in-One.
4. Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a print
cartridge to release it.
If you are replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the
slot on the left.
If you are replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from
the slot on the right.
1 Print cartridge slot for the tri-color print cartridge
2 Print cartridge slot for the black and photo print cartridges
5. Pull the print cartridge toward you out of its slot.
6. If you are removing the black print cartridge in order to install the photo print cartridge,store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector or an airtight plastic container.
7. Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only
the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
1 Copper-colored contacts
2 Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)
3 Ink nozzles under tape
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Touching
these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
8. Slide the new print cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push the upper
part of the print cartridge forward until it clicks into the socket.
If you are installing the tri-color print cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
If you are installing a black or photo print cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
Work with print cartridges 69
Maintain the HP All-in-One
9. Close the print cartridge door.
If you installed a new print cartridge, the HP All-in-One prints a print cartridge
10. When prompted, ensure plain white paper is loaded in the input tray, then press the
button next to OK.
NOTE: If you have colored paper loaded in the input tray when you align the print
cartridges, the alignment will fail. Load unused plain white paper into the input
tray, and then try the alignment again.
11. Place the page print side down on the scanner glass and then press the button next
to OK to scan the page.
When the On
Please Don't forget to rate this solution. Thanks.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
Yes that is because when you get a cartridge refilled then what may have happened is when you gave a print command some of the ink may have splattered onto the ink spraying sensors(usually happens with refilled cartridges on any printer).Its because of the heat generated with which the ink nozzles cannot handle as the ink that is sprayed from refilled cartridges is a little more than regular original ink cartridges.Dip a cotton swab in water wipe the copper contacts on the cartridge.Then wipe around the place where the cartridges sit and also wipe the carriage rod which is inside the printer (metal rod)along which ur spraying mechanism(carriage) moves. If this does not resolve your issue call in to hp at 1800-474-6836 and you can purchase original cartridges that are just for 11 dollars each.........or you can purchase a combination pack which will be cheaper
Posted on Jun 16, 2009
Does the c7280 use seperate Magenta and PhotoMagenta cartridges? If so make certain the right cartridge is in the correct slot.
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
Check our web site at: www.ccl-la.com/hp.htm We have a step by step guide to correct this problem. This error is caused by air in the ink feed tubes and the guide will help you do a purge on the lines.
I hope this helps, If so please rate my solution.
Posted on Aug 19, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks a million!!!!. Saved the day. Instructions were on point... Reply was timely. THANKS."
SOURCE: error - cartridge incorrect
Check to see if the installed cartridge is the correct one for the printer. If the cartridge is the proper part number, remove the ink cartridge and make sure all the packaging tape has been removed from the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge. Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again.
If the error continues, remove the cartridge again and clean the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge, and the contacts inside the printer, by following the instructions below:
1. Use a clean, dry, soft, lint-free cloth. Locate the copper-colored circuitry strip on the back of the cartridge.
2. Wipe the copper-colored strip with the dry cloth. Use an upward motion, from the nozzle end to the top of the cartridge. Do not wipe the nozzle end of the cartridge or touch the nozzle plate. Wipe the contacts only once.
3. To clean the printer contacts, carefully look for fibers or contamination on the electrical contacts inside the carriage assembly, but do not wipe the printer contacts with any object. The contacts in the printer can be damaged if too much pressure is applied during a wiping process. Try to remove any visible attached debris within the carriage assembly by gently pulling the debris off with your fingers. If the carriage contacts show noticeable damage, contact the HP Customer Care Center listed in the printer's User's Guide.
Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again. If the error continues, the cartridge may need to be replaced.
Hope this helps. Please rate my response.
Have a good day.
Posted on Mar 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2013 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
May 13, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Mar 29, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Jun 20, 2009 | HP Photosmart Pro B8350 InkJet Printer
Jun 15, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
May 15, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
708 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!