Leaks at the hot water spout during coffee brew
I had the same problem. I ended up taking the coffee machine apart and found that the reason coffee trickles out around the hot water spout is that the two coffee nozzles were partially plugged. Since I Had parts of the coffee machine apart I was able to clean it easily. It may also be possible to clean the assembly using a pick of some sort and clean out the holes of the two normal coffee spouts. Inside it is just a open cavity so gentle poking around and using some steaming hot water may do the trick.
If you want to take the machine apart you need to do the following:
1) take of the warmer plate on the top - 2 storz screws but an allen key works as well
2) take off the top plate of the machine - another 4 or 5 screws - make sure you empty the beans first otherwise you will have a mess
3) remove one screw from the right hand side of the removable coffee ground tray. Once this screw is removed the front panel is free to swing open except for the pipes connecting the front
4) unclip the steam assembly - there are a couple of plastic catches on the top. this will free the steam assembly from the front panel and also free a pipe connections. The steam dispenser pipe will also come free from the steam assembly.
5) remove the coffee pipes from the up and down sliding coffee dispenser. This is a small whitish color clip with 2 pipes connecting into it. The white clip has a little plastic catch on the top that frees it. The front panel should now swing open freely.
6) remove the sliding coffee dispenser from the front door. There are 4 plastic catches, 2 on either side. the whole front sliding coffee displenser now comes free
7) Take the sliding dispenser apart by release the 4 plastic catches on the front curved planel.
8) Inside the sliding dispenser is a white plastic piece that connected to the piping released in step 5. There is a small plastic catch that needs to be pressed while pulling fairly hard on the plastic piece and bending the whole piece.
9) You will now see the plugged spouts.
It goes back together really easily.
Aug 13, 2008 |
Jura Capresso Impressa S8 Coffee Maker,...