Question about Gateway GT5432 Refurbished AMD Desktop Computer - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6GHz , 1GB DDR...
Don't be afraid there are softwares that will restore files even if you format or partitioned your hard drive. start looking recovery programs.
I hope this will help
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 13, 2012 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Jun 13, 2012 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Dec 22, 2017 | Gateway MX8711 Notebook
If your DVD installation disk is prior to Sp1, and you have SP1 installed on your computer, you will need to uninstall SP1 to complete the in-place upgrade and then reinstall the necessary windows updates .
If you would like to perform the In-place Upgrade, let's refer to the following steps.
1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.
2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:
• If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.
• If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.
Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.
b. Click Install now.
4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.
Please run Windows Update again as you will need to download and install the most current updates.
If you do not have the Windows Vista Installation DVD, I suggest contacting your PC manufacturer to order a backup disk.
Please post your feedback and Vote if the problem resolved as per your satisfaction.
Sep 24, 2010 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Sep 21, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 08, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Apr 02, 2009 | Microsoft Windows? Vista Home Premium...
Mar 02, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
May 13, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jun 22, 2020 | The Computers & Internet
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: