Question about Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS / 1000D IS Digital Camera
Maybe it is having trouble with the size of the memory. Memory cards have grown enormously in capacity in the last couple of years, and even relatively new cameras may not be able to cope with the memory size of the newest cards.
SD and SDHC cards fit the same slots, but many cameras won't work with the SDHC (high capacity) cards. SDHC is not backwards compatible.
Posted on Nov 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Internal memory format : Remove the SD memory card to format the internal memory.
SD memory card format : Insert the SD memory card to format the SD memory card.
All the files in the memory are deleted by the [FORMAT] function.
Before formatting the memory, it is advisable to copy important data onto other media as back-up
e.g. floppy disks, hard disks, CD etc.
1. Turn the camera power on.
2. Select the PLAY mode by rotating the mode dial.
3. Do not turn the LCD monitor off.
4. Press the MENU button to display the menu on the LCD
5. Press the UP( )/ DOWN( ) button and select [DELETE].
6. Press the SET( ) button and the sub menu will display.
7. Select [FORMAT] by pressing the UP( )/DOWN( ) button
and press the SET( ) button
8. Select [NO] or [YES] and press the SET( ) button.
[Selecting NO] : The image will be displayed on the
[Selecting YES] : A [PLEASE WAIT!] message is
displayed and all of images are
Link to manual:
Usually answered in minutes!