Question about Kenmore 9387x Top Load Stacked Washer / Dryer
Model 11020922990 Kenmore Three speed is tearing shirts. Sear is no help at all. All they want to do is send a $75 service call or sell a warrenty. I just need an answer to the question, Why are my shirts being ripped up. The owners manual has some suggestion none of which fit this situation.
If I have to rely on Sear a rock at stream side sould like a better solution!
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
How to replace Whirlpool/Kenmore washer
dual action agitator ratchet ‘dogs’, kit # 285770
Tools needed: Screwdriver, 3/8" drive ratchet wrench, 7/16" socket (older models), 3/8" drive to 1/2" adapter (newer models), long 3/8" drive extension, small amt liquid detergent
1) Pry the agitator cap off by inserting a screwdriver into the cap’s notch
2) Pull the inner cap (if present) off – most Whirlpool machines use this inner cap, with a handle, to gain access to the center bolt
3) Remove the bolt in the center of the agitator
(Earlier models used a 7/16" hex-head steel bolt)
(Recent models use a 1/2" square drive plastic nut – use a 3/8" X 1/2" ratchet adapter)
4) On older models, grasp the bottom portion of the agitator and pull the entire ***’y off.
(Recent models allow just the top portion’s removal to access these ‘dogs’)
5) Older models – place the agitator on the floor, and, standing carefully on the bottom portion, pull the top half off. Turn it over, and the dogs will be accessible for replacement.
6) Newer model dogs can be replaced once the ratchet ***’y is removed. There are several versions currently in use, but most can be replaced without removing the bottom agitator half. All‘4-dog’versions use the 285770 kit, regardless of the cam ***’y style. (Older agitators, rarely seen now, used a pair of 2 larger dogs, which are a different part number)
7) On older versions, be careful to align the two tabs when inserting the upper ***’y back onto the agitator bottom half. When these are aligned, they will friction-fit the two halves together, making it easier to reinstall the ***’y. Handle it only by the bottom half to prevent pulling the top half off when reinstalling.
8) Lightly lubricate the agitator cap’s rubber gasket using a bit of dishwasher detergent, and push it back into place. (On the Whirlpools with an inner cap, lube that cap’s o-ring too – makes it easier to snap into place)
9) Reach around and pat yourself on the back! You just saved at least $75.00!
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
There should be a 7/16 bolt in the bottom of the cup once you have taken the cup out. Its kinda deep you would need a longer extension. Also this agitator bolt usually has a gasket material attached to it and it may be covered by another cap.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
this isi a whirpool machine, however kenmore might change the agitator shaft slightly, sometimes there is a "nut" holding the 2 halves of ajitator together, tis can be loosened by using a 1/2" extension drive. this should release the 2 pieces. its defintly between the 2 halves, you may need to really pull it apart... itll go
Posted on Oct 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 24, 2017 | General Electric Washing Machines
Apr 12, 2011 | Garden
Sep 06, 2010 | Craftsman Drills
Dec 15, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 26, 2009 | Hitachi 18V Lithium Ion Cordless Hammer...
Nov 23, 2009 | Milwaukee Tool Drills
Dec 14, 2008 | Zanussi ZBF360X Electric Single Oven
Oct 22, 2008 | Makita 18V LXT Lithium - Ion Cordless...
Oct 15, 2007 | Dewalt 18 Volt Compact Drill Kit
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: