Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
If your print spooler service is not running, then follow the below steps to get it working :
Step 1 :
* Start > run > services.msc > ok
* Select the service name called print spooler from the list.
* Check the status on the print spooler service, if it is stopped, then right click and select start or restart.
* Then the spooler service will start working....
Step 2 : ( NOTE :USE THIS STEP ONLY WHEN YOUR STEP 1 DOESN'T WORK )
In this case, we assume that the print spooler service is gone bad and we would have to recreate the spooler service.
* Start > run > cmd > ok
* Type: sc delete spoolsv (this will delete the corrupted spooler for us to create a new print spooler)
* Reboot the system and after rebooting the computer back.
* Start > run > cmd > ok
* Type: sc create spoolsv (this will create a new print spooler service)
* Reboot the system and this time the print spooler service is a new and fresh spooler and it should work normal and perfectly.
Enjoy printing !!
Posted on Oct 22, 2010
** Operation could not completed Printer.
I got my problem solved help of this follwoing article please click below and follow there mentioned steps and get your problem
Click here to open solved Solution for this problem Error: Printer operation could not be completed (Solved)
Posted on Mar 08, 2013
SOURCE: SPOOLER SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING
If you are receiving SPOOL.SVC or PRINT SPOOLER ERRORS when trying to
uninstall/reinstall your printer, or when trying to print a document or
access the printer properties, please follow the steps below.
The following are examples of some of the messages you may be receiving:
Spool.svc is not running. Make the service active and try again.
Printer Properties cannot be displayed. The print spooler service is not running.
Printer cannot be removed. The print spooler service is not running.
Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup.
(When clicking Add Printer) Operation could not be completed.
NOTE: Only these types of errors warrant the troubleshooting steps clearly defined below.
SPOOL.SVC is an operating system function which carries files through the operating system for printing. It must be STARTED (active) to be able to print or access any printer's functions. This file usually starts automatically with Windows, however operating system issues may cause it to become stopped. You cannot uninstall or reinstall a driver while this service is stopped.
Please try the following to start the service again:
1) Click on START, right click MY COMPUTER, left click MANAGE.
2) On the left column, double-left click SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS, then click SERVICES.
3) Locate and highlight the PRINT SPOOLER on the list of Services.
4) Click START THE SERVICE.
If errors occur and the service cannot be started, there is another issue within the operating system itself.
Pls Rate as Fixya if this helps, Thanks!!
Posted on Jun 26, 2008
To fix the error message, in Windows XP, click on start, control panel, then administrative services. From here double click services and scroll down to print spooler and double click on the icon. Change startup type to automatic and click start below that and you are rolling. If the problem occurs repeatedly contact the manufacturer of your printer for best fixes.
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
Download the HP Diagnostic tool to correct the problem.
It should be working fine now, but if you are still having issues with it. contact HP's printers department 1-800-474-6836.
Posted on Feb 04, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2011 | Epson LX-300 Matrix Printer
on May 21, 2008 | Epson ACULASER CX11NF All-In-One Printer
Mar 13, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 16, 2011 | Lexmark X1190 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 25, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 26, 2008 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 08, 2008 | Dell A960 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 08, 2008 | Dell A920 InkJet Printer
Oct 10, 2007 | Adobe Acrobat Distiller Server V6 for Win...
727 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!